Sidi Shot or Wire?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

guyc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 am
I was a long time (10 years+) Sidi user and tried Shots when they came out. I hated them. The fit never felt right and I couldn't ever get the closures right over the tongue. I ended up moving to the S-Works 7's which are, for me, the best shoes I've ever used.
Interesting as I'm considering S Works 7 but several hours away from any decent shops so need to order online. Can I ask what size you are in Sidi, and the S Works 7? I think I'm correct in saying S Works come up larger, so a 44 is equivalent to a 45 in Sidi.
Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Js2

by Js2

S works 7 is wider on the toe box for the same size of Sidi. I had to up .5 size for Sidi to get a roughly same width.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Thanks. I've tried S Works 7 in 45 and found them much longer than a Sidi (or Giro) 45. I realise they are much wider but it seems to be length of the shoe thats the issue for me. I'll need to try 44 or even 44.5.

simoncx

by simoncx

BianchiDave wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:40 am
Thanks. I've tried S Works 7 in 45 and found them much longer than a Sidi (or Giro) 45. I realise they are much wider but it seems to be length of the shoe thats the issue for me. I'll need to try 44 or even 44.5.
I have both sidi wire and s works 7 in size 45, sworks are bigger the insole measures 290mm and the sidi is about 282-283mm. Width wise around the ball of the foot there very close but sidi has more pointed toe area. The sidi were nice but ended up giving them to my dad because they were a little too short in length and too much volume for my foot.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

simoncx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:15 pm
BianchiDave wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:40 am
I have both sidi wire and s works 7 in size 45, sworks are bigger the insole measures 290mm and the sidi is about 282-283mm. Width wise around the ball of the foot there very close but sidi has more pointed toe area. The sidi were nice but ended up giving them to my dad because they were a little too short in length and too much volume for my foot.
Thanks Simon, that ties in nicely with the Specialized size chart which claims a 6mm length difference between sizes 44 and 45 (44.5 being bang in the middle, 3mm difference either way). Funny, I'm actually looking at Sidi again, the Wire 2 or the Shot, both of which I can get a good deal on just now.
I'm just concerned I won't be able to get my cleats back far enough, as that is a problem on my older Sidis, but they are at least 18 years old! Are the new Sidis any better for cleat placement?

simoncx

by simoncx

The cleat mounting holes are further back on the sworks, I had my cleats all the way back on the wires but I would have prefered if they went back 2-3mm more. Not sure if this was just because they were 1 size smaller then the sworks. If you can I would try on the newer sidis because they dont seem to fit like the old ones, the newer old seem to have alot more volume in the upper which didnt work for me.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Its very amiss of Sidi to not address the cleat hole issue. Must be losing a lot of sales because of it. I've been riding Giro Empire SLX the last few years, which have well positioned cleat holes, but even then I have the cleats slammed all the way back.

BitGid

by BitGid

I love my 3 years Sidi. Not the lightest or best vented, but they a built to last. One pair I have, I've worn for over 30,000km and they still at least that much life remaining.
Italian craftsmanship never goes out of style
onplanners
Last edited by BitGid on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

BianchiDave wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:32 pm
Its very amiss of Sidi to not address the cleat hole issue. Must be losing a lot of sales because of it. I've been riding Giro Empire SLX the last few years, which have well positioned cleat holes, but even then I have the cleats slammed all the way back.
I have short, wide feet with a narrow heel...I've never had a problem with clear placement?

Maybe it's the length of your toes that's the issue?

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Wingnut wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:44 am
BianchiDave wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:32 pm
I have short, wide feet with a narrow heel...I've never had a problem with clear placement?

Maybe it's the length of your toes that's the issue?
Maybe. To be fair I have quite weird feet, second toe being longer than big toe. They say it's a sign of intelligence but my wife disagrees!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

You know what they say...?😉

sychen

by sychen

Well.. I have wingnut shaped feet with bianchi Dave toes... I know what they say... I'm a weirdo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

K567

by K567

Wingnut wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 am
Why own a Honda when you could have a Maserati... Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simple
Maserati dont make motorcycles 🤣👌

corky

by corky

New shot2 has 5mm more rearward extended bolt holes.....allegedly.......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com