New Time frame to be announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

muti

by muti

As the title says, a new frame from Time is going to be announced at the beginning of February (a little bit before the Colnago c64 as I understand).It will be the first frame to be released after the merge with Rossignol ,which changed some staff in the RD department. It will be a climber's bike .The RTM construction has been preserved. Since the presentation to the retailers(at least the French ones )has already been made last week, I was wondering if our fellow French weenies have more information on that!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

No more info on that but I’m doing a Scylon build at the moment with EPS v3 and they’re telling me they don’t have a battery harness for the V3 (PU16) battery. They’ve sent an email off to France but looks like I may be fabricating my own if they don’t have one. The current one they do have is for the v2 battery with its offset hole for mounting. The V3 battery is dead center and round cross section but still too thick to just use the offset mount of the existing harness. Any of you got any info on this and apologies for piggybacking the thread.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Kgt posted a pic on Le Club Time thread...It looks beautiful and seems to also have many aero details, so if it is a climbing machine, it has my full attention!!! :D

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's about time something was announced.

;)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

muti

by muti

As I see it, seems that the "old"Time is back. It looks beautiful! Bravo Time, mon compliments!

wingguy

by wingguy

So last year Look bought out a brand new ultralight climbing frame and called it the Huez. This year Time bring out a brand new ultralight climbing frame and call it.... the Alpe d'Huez.

The whole lot of them at Time HQ couldn't put their heads together and remember the name of a different mountain? :lol:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

That fork is as ugly as the RS-1 forks seen on mountain bikes.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

wingguy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 am
So last year Look bought out a brand new ultralight climbing frame and called it the Huez. This year Time bring out a brand new ultralight climbing frame and call it.... the Alpe d'Huez.

The whole lot of them at Time HQ couldn't put their heads together and remember the name of a different mountain? :lol:

was thinking the exact samething... :thumbup:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Cemicar

by Cemicar

A climbing bike weighing 840g without paint is so impressive in 2018. And that heavy fork is now equipped rather than an option. The color scheme is also incredible.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Nice seat post collar. Well done.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

djcharlou

by djcharlou

wingguy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 am

Except that Time has the permission to use the name of the city from the mayor himself, Look didn't ask.
The name was decided before the launch of the new Look bike :)

MatosVelo

by MatosVelo

I was also present at the TIME Alpe d'Huez presentation. You can find my article and all my pictures here : https://www.matosvelo.fr/index.php?post ... au-de-time

I confirm that TIME is now the only brand that is allowed to use the name of Alpe d'Huez.
I could try this bike for 30km. Very dynamic and stiff, but what impresses the most is its comfort with the Aktiv fork.

Only disappointment, Enve wheels are too flexible laterally.

Kaboom

by Kaboom

Cemicar wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:25 am
A climbing bike weighing 840g without paint is so impressive in 2018. And that heavy fork is now equipped rather than an option. The color scheme is also incredible.
Totally on board with this comment...

a 12k bike with a 840g (CLAIMED) frame in SMALL and UNPAINTED? I don't care if the carbon is laid up by God himself inside the oldest Romanic church of Grenoble, and I don't care if it handles telepathically. I dig the bare carbon, but seriously, almost all of the 3-4k famesets from known brands are already sub-800g, most of them are hovering right around the 760g mark, and they have absolutely nothing wrong with their handling.
And there sure as hack aren't another 8k worth of parts on that bike...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Kaboom wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:59 am

a 12k bike with a 840g (CLAIMED) frame in SMALL and UNPAINTED? I don't care if the carbon is laid up by God himself inside the oldest Romanic church of Grenoble, and I don't care if it handles telepathically. I dig the bare carbon, but seriously, almost all of the 3-4k famesets from known brands are already sub-800g, most of them are hovering right around the 760g mark, and they have absolutely nothing wrong with their handling.
And there sure as hack aren't another 8k worth of parts on that bike...
My 54cm Emonda SLR Disc frame was 760g with a normal triple-coat paint scheme. Albeit that weight apparently came at the cost of Kamm-sectioned tubing and it has the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick.

No complaints about this Time frame really...it's just that the tease on social media wasn't warranted.