SPEEDVAGEN - SUPERLIGHT ROAD Frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KarlC

by KarlC

Speedvagen now offers a SUPERLIGHT ROAD ......

SUPERLIGHT ROAD

Do you like light weight with the great ride of a steel race machine? This is for you. In addition to our original custom road model, you will have the option of a custom Superlight road frameset. With the Superlight, thanks to our new steel, stronger stainless, and some strategically placed carbon, you can get great handling and a balanced ride and drop one full pound from the overall weight of an already light Speedvagen frameset!

FULL CUSTOM SUPERLIGHT

Our Superlight takes the liveliness, dependability, and speed that Speedvagen is known for, and makes it better. We build this next level road machine with our new custom drawn ultra light tubing, ENVE-made carbon fiber seat tube and seatpost head, extra machining of various frame elements, stainless steel non-drive chainstay, and exclusive access to the Enve 1.0 fork. All of this means you’ll get a more supple ride and cut a massive 400+ grams making this one of the lightest and best riding steel racing frames in the world.

Includes:

Custom geometry designed - for you - from scratch
Speedvagen’s Superlight tubing
ENVE 1.0 fork
ENVE carbon seat tube
ENVE carbon seatpost head
Columbus XCR stainless chainstay (driveside)
Ghost paint in one of the 2018 colors
Custom machined head tube with brushed stainless headbadge
Berzerker dropouts and brake bridge with brushed stainless steel reinforcement
Integrated seatmast with brushed stainless reinforcement
English BB shell (non-disc), PF30 BB shell (disc)

More info here .....

https://www.speedvagen.com/road-bike-guidebook

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moyboy

by moyboy

what is Ghost paint? any examples?

kdawg

by kdawg

Isn’t that just when they paint the logo in almost the same colour as the frame - so it’s barely there.

Really nice bikes though.
I'm left handed, if that matters.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

And capping production at 111 bikes for the entire year. Sounds like they're looking for ways to make their outrageously priced bikes - become even more outrageously priced.

Meh.

DurianGrey

by DurianGrey

Imaking20 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 pm
And capping production at 111 bikes for the entire year. Sounds like they're looking for ways to make their outrageously priced bikes - become even more outrageously priced.

Meh.
this is literally in large caps on the page linked:
WE’RE NOT HERE TO MAKE A GAGILLION BIKES. WE’RE HERE TO MAKE A FEW, VERY LABOR INTENSIVE BIKES THAT WILL BE TRULY MEANINGFUL FOR THEIR OWNERS.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yeah, I read that. What's your point?

Their bikes are already priced a bit ridiculous. If they keep their costing flat (or lower it) - I'll happily eat my words. Until then...

morganb

by morganb

The also are no longer selling frame sets and only selling complete bikes, with overpriced groupsets.

spud

by spud

admittedly, I'm not the target demographic. But I just had to read a little of the webpage. Exactly what I expected.

eric01

by eric01

Odd to tout "superlight" and not quote a weight range, even accounting for custom.

As for the "ridiculous price", more power to them if they can sell 111 bikes. Don't hate on capitalism.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Wow they used a lot of buzzwords throughout that website. Entertaining website no matter how seriously they take themselves. Worth a look.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Marin

by Marin

The word "weight" appears 17 times on the page, and they manage to not post the frame weight so noone can compare.

If asked, they will probably tell you "it all depends on the deep custom options we offer" etc.

My bet is that it's a tad heavier than a Ritchey Logic, because basically all steel frames are.

morganb

by morganb

Marin wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 am
The word "weight" appears 17 times on the page, and they manage to not post the frame weight so noone can compare.

If asked, they will probably tell you "it all depends on the deep custom options we offer" etc.

My bet is that it's a tad heavier than a Ritchey Logic, because basically all steel frames are.
What does the Logic weigh? My Gunnar (custom geo but 55 top tube) weighs 1550g painted with an integrated derailleur hanger. I know there are a few manufacturers that can get down to the 1350 range.

mattr

by mattr

morganb wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 pm
I know there are a few manufacturers that can get down to the 1350 range.
English Cycles can do under 1300 i think.

Marin

by Marin

The Speedvagen is essentially a mass produced frame, of course one-off handbuilt frames will come in lower. My 55cm Logic was around 1750g with integrated bearing cups and seat binder.

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

that sacha turned out to be a good businessman

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com