Which depth goes best on Domane SLR Disc? - Aeolus 30 mm or 50 mm?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

50mm definately. Apologies for the poor crank angle

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Follow your heart man! I think it might have been me in your other thread that commented I thought 5's would look funny on a Domane. I hope I wasn't the one that gave you pause, because I was wrong, and I apologize. I actually think the fives look better, and especially so on a 62 after looking at some images. Not sure what I was thinking. I think I was picturing the Domane as this upright, no bar drop, Gran Fondo machine in my head for some reason, and was being critical and snobby. Sorry about that man. Fives look great!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'm off to place my order... next week ... when i get home from this business trip.

@TonyM - i liked what you said about going 0.1 mph slower uphill with the 50s, but being far ahead in style points at the the cafe. Lol. Perfect. I'll go for style, although to be fair its still an enduro geo Domane which forfeits a few style points, I know, but I'm okay with that because I'm excited to be getting into a geometry that will suit me better than my current ride.

@Geordiepaul - Beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing. Gives me a good idea of what to expect.

@wheelbuilder - no need to apologize, no offense was taken. But I appreciate that you're a true gentleman. I can see more clearly now that I have been seriously overthinking this!

@Calnago - I love that Koppenberg Edition that you featured in another thread. Amazing rare bike, with history.

Enjoy!

TonyM

by TonyM

Cool! Post some pictures!

benzebub

by benzebub

can you post a picture once you have the bike? a 62 Domane is also on my radar but I'm not sure about the looks with the tall headtube.
But I could be wrong

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

benzebub wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:54 am
can you post a picture once you have the bike? a 62 Domane is also on my radar but I'm not sure about the looks with the tall headtube.
Yes! But its going to be a month or two. I have to order it and trek has to paint it and ship it before I'll get it.

Cheers.

Evanum

by Evanum

when on my computer at work, the first unread post arrow thing didnt show up...I am on duty now at the FD & the arrow shows up on this computer.