Campy EPS v4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

Is there going to be an EPS v4? and if yes when?

Does anyone have some information on that? or what is your opinion?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Other than making it wireless, I can't possibly see what else they would add to it that isn't out already. But I am speculating as I have no idea. I would welcome the wireless version and would be ordering one on the spot when it comes out!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

More tyre clearance and native 30 (unofficial 32) rear cog compatibility.
Nothing else.

Oh, one more thing: competative pricing!!!

robertbb

by robertbb

I've read that Chorus EPS derailleurs are compatible with the new V3 brain for R/SR, which is nice, but it is "unofficial".

In the mechanical line, Chorus is, IMO, the thinking person's Campagnolo groupset. All the features of R/SR, without the unnecessary bling materials. I'd like to see it stay this way in the EPS line with official support from Campagnolo.

spookyload

by spookyload

Wireless would be the only thing I think it is missing besides 12-speed. 12-speed would make sense as Campy has gifted 8-11 speed with the same freehub, and could make a significant resale market requiring new freehubs. I would like button assignment selectable by the user. Meaning, I want the thumb shifters to do rear derailleurs, and levers to do the front derailleur. Not the set profiles they choose to offer.

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

spookyload wrote:Wireless would be the only thing I think it is missing besides 12-speed. 12-speed would make sense as Campy has gifted 8-11 speed with the same freehub, and could make a significant resale market requiring new freehubs. I would like button assignment selectable by the user. Meaning, I want the thumb shifters to do rear derailleurs, and levers to do the front derailleur. Not the set profiles they choose to offer.
Aren't the buttons configurable already?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ferrarista

by ferrarista

robertbb wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:25 am
I've read that Chorus EPS derailleurs are compatible with the new V3 brain for R/SR, which is nice, but it is "unofficial".
I don't see how that's possible since the connectors are not the same.
██

TonyM

by TonyM

To me Campy could make a version of the junction box like Shimano so that you can « hide » it in the frame or at the end of the drops.

And/ or wireless.

robertbb

by robertbb

ferrarista wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 am
robertbb wrote:
Hmm. I guess that site was incorrect... I've never worked with Campy Electronic.

I guess my original comment still stands - I hope Campy will think better of forcing people into R/SR for their top Electronic experience.

This is OT, but I honestly think they need to review just how many mechanical groupsets they are producing, too. There is absolutely *no* reason for them to be running with 5.

avispa

by avispa

spookyload wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm
I would like button assignment selectable by the user. Meaning, I want the thumb shifters to do rear derailleurs, and levers to do the front derailleur. Not the set profiles they choose to offer.
I believe one can do this already with the MyCampy app, but it may be a feature enabled only for mechanics (as other features when in diagnostic/error checking areas of the app).

As for me, it would be cool to see a hybrid SR EPS group with wireless shifters and a hidden interface unit. The bulky V3 interface unit seems a step back in modernizing the group, IMO. Do not expect an announcement of EPS V4 till after the fall of 2018.

spookyload

by spookyload

You can choose one of their preset profiles. It doesn’t include the setup I am looking for. Thumb shifters for rear and lever shifters for front. And yes, you can swap to their options via Mycampy.

sub7kg

by sub7kg

MyCampy V2 is the first thing they need to release... it's been promised for ages.

Miller

by Miller

ferrarista wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 am
robertbb wrote:
It's possible if you're prepared to do some soldering to make the connectors compatible with each other.

My impression, with the advent of the disc groupsets, is that Chorus EPS may be being discontinued, in which case Campag will only have the SR/R EPS connector.

scb

by scb

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigPoser

by BigPoser

scb wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:37 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn8hDOugipB ... bda0sq7gia

Not sure if this is real.
All he did is hide the junction box somewhere.