Look 795 light vs Colnago C60 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ringo

by Ringo

@coriordan your post made me more curious about 795.
Is there any Look 795 light owner here to help? Are you satisfied?
I’ve read posts from colnago owners and I know that they are happy and proud.
XXTi
C60

lwk

by lwk

Had a 585, 595 and two 695’s. Never liked the 795 and as mentioned Look makes it challenging with their proprietary system. The crank is very nice though but you cannot use a crank power meter. Also both my 695 were prone to creak from the chainring bolts. My vote would be for the C60

With the 695 the clear coat started bubbling and peeling. Not sure if the 795 has improved on that

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ringo

by Ringo

@Iwk great info! Thanks
XXTi
C60

zulu695

by zulu695

I have a 695 and I am very satisfied with it and I had absolutely no issue with it, paint is perfect (5 years old now).

Now If I had the choice between 795 and C60.....I would go C60 because it is kind of a classic. My choice of a new look would be the new Huez RS.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Whilst i don't lust for a c60 i think the 795 is hideous. I would unreservedly go for the 795.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ringo

by Ringo

@zulu695: hi thanks for the info.
I just checked Huez rs and INMHO looks like any other bike of 2017-8.
If the logos were missing, I could not tell if it was an R5, v2r, emonda etc with minor changes. (Maybe I could but you get the point!)
The same goes with new sworks, bmc and all those with the small rear triangle.
That’s why I respect those two models (c60 & 795) because they are distinctive and unique.
XXTi
C60

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have the money light 795. The only issue I have is the BB needs Ferrari like attention. It works though. My main gripe though is the stone that kicked up and took a chunk out of the down tube that has made mine worthless. On the upside I can ride it for 24hrs and it comfy and quick. Not many bikes I can say that about. I am thinking about getting another 795 and binning this frame but I wonder if look will have a DiSC brake version out next. Got a Sarto now to keep me happy this year.

Ringo

by Ringo

What do you mean Ferrari like attention?
Any other problem except bb ?
XXTi
C60

TonyM

by TonyM

Even if the new C64 will be announced in a few days I will take the C60!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It just needs the BB collar adjusting a bit. I tend to leave now until there is play because I can't be bothered any more. It has never actually let me down. It not a ride and forget bike. It needs fettling like a supercar. One piece cranks though are all like this.

Meccanica

by Meccanica

I owned a795 Aerolight, it was the worst bike I ever owned. The headset was jacked from the factory, it was not stable at high speeds descending, and in the shop constantly. Mine was junk.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The thing about Colnagos is you very rarely hear anything really bad about them. I remember a thread in the forum some time ago essentially titled something like “Colnago Owners... Any regrets?” And after multiple pages of that thread I think the only regret stated was that of selling it.
Most other bikes generally have their strong supporters and strong detractors, as this thread is showing.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TonyM

by TonyM

Calnago wrote:The thing about Colnagos is you very rarely hear anything really bad about them. I remember a thread in the forum some time ago essentially titled something like “Colnago Owners... Any regrets?” And after multiple pages of that thread I think the only regret stated was that of selling it.
Most other bikes generally have their strong supporters and strong detractors, as this thread is showing.
+1

Usually if you sell your Colnago, you do regret it later indeed!

coriordan

by coriordan

I think that was what I was kind of trying to say. Buy it, ride it, try it out and see what you think and when you eventually get rid, the '64 will be out so you can retire riding one of those without ever having to wonder 'what if'.

If you can't afford to do both, then go Colnago.

vinc

by vinc

TonyM wrote: +1

Usually if you sell your Colnago, you do regret it later indeed!
That’s my experience as well... my c50 :-(
Glad to still have my m10 together with my c60 though :-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com