Colnago launches eBike range...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MJB

by MJB

I too am equally horrified.

HOWEVER,

if by Colnago boosting sales volumes via high quality Taiwanese made monocoques and now eBikes means they can forever maintain the factory in Cambiago and continue to 100% hand make and custom paint a tube and lug top end model then I'll write my horror off as a commercially necessary evil............

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

MJB wrote:I too am equally horrified.

HOWEVER,

if by Colnago boosting sales volumes via high quality Taiwanese made monocoques and now eBikes means they can forever maintain the factory in Cambiago and continue to 100% hand make and custom paint a tube and lug top end model then I'll write my horror off as a commercially necessary evil............
+1

As long as they make at least one road bike model in Italy I think this is ok. Actually without making any model in Italy will really the attractiveness of the while brand Colnago.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

You have to be careful you don’t negaively affect brand awareness with missteps though, e-bikes are lucrative but this doesn’t seem to be aimed at any genuine market: commuters won’t pay Colnago prices for a paint job and sports cyclists wouldn’t be seen on this.. thing. It reminds me of the Sinclair C5

kavitator

by kavitator

WTF???!!!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Fugly
You've gotta think that a product like that, where they have done SO little work to incorporate Colnagos own brand values and positioning, cant be good for it overall. Mind you, everyone said Mercedes would be killed by launching A and then B class models...idk..

AJS914

by AJS914

A Colnago branded commuter e-bike with a nice paint job doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'm surprised they didn't come up with an e-bike to compete with Pinarello. Honestly, in 10-15 years and in my 60s and moving towards the 70s, I could see riding a road bike with a 100 watt assist. It would be great to still be on the road later in life but have a little extra juice to keep up with the young guys on a group ride.

TonyM

by TonyM

I don't need a ebike for myself, neither now nor in 10-15 years I think. I will just ride less km and slower I suppose.
BUT I could use now a good e-bike with a range up to 200km for my wife so that I could ride with her for nice long ride.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

It's hardly the first city bike Colnago has offered. Why not?

At least it is what it is, not some fake race bike for people who 90% don't want to try / 10% have a legit reason for using assist.

Wookski

by Wookski

GonaSovereign wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:17 am
It's hardly the first city bike Colnago has offered. Why not?

At least it is what it is, not some fake race bike for people who 90% don't want to try / 10% have a legit reason for using assist.
The only assist I’d be interested in is the kind that can’t be identified without an X-ray!