Cannondale Hollowgram SI SL 1&2 cranksets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Hi WWs

I'm on bb30 frames (68mm wide shells) for the moment and I'm looking to get one of these cannondale cranks for various reasons I don't wanna bore you with.

My concern is with wide bottom bracket compatibility, should I change frames in the future. The crankset does support multiple axle lengths. It should then theoretically be possible to install on a bbright/bb30a/bb86 frame, should it not?

Will the q-factor be completely screwed up or is it manageable? Has anone attempted to use a cannondale hollowgram on wider bb shells road frames?
How does it feel?

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

You could get a Raceface or Easton Cinch axle but the chainline and Q-factor will increase by roughly 13mm, maybe 18mm. These cranks are really just for BB30/PF30 frames. Instead buy some BB30 Sram Red (lighter) or Force (interchangable spider & 1x compatible) for cheaper and sell them if you change frames.

AZR3

by AZR3

The Q factor will be really wide, this has been brought up before and when you look at the crank arms of say the BB380evo the arms are spaced differently to the BB30 (SiSL) arms

https://www.bikerumor.com/2011/12/22/fs ... n-weights/

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Seems my only choice is to ignore upgradability or get a bb386 crank with spacers.

Annoying situation..

Thanks for your help! Appreciate it.. /a

alcatraz

by alcatraz

What do you make of this picture? Is this BS or real? Seems light to me considering they are SI and not SISL

/a