Misaligned Carbon Frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:20 am
Ok. Bad advice it is. I'm just trying to help the Op and let him know that his frame is most likely OK but the dropouts needed some adjustments...
How many times have you made those adjustments?

How many times have you made those adjustments to carbon dropouts?

mattr

by mattr

wingguy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 am
How many times have you made those adjustments?
Probably 20-30 times. It's really really easy, but time consuming. And you need the right tools to work out exactly where the misalignment is.
wingguy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 am
How many times have you made those adjustments to carbon dropouts?
Two or three times. Never on a new and/or still under warranty frame. Let someone else deal with that. Carbon fibre isn't that difficult to work with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

packageme77

by packageme77

First, I would like to apologize for my English. I used to have exactly the same "problem" on a brand new Emonda SLR frame. Finally I found out that the rear hanger was ~ 1mm "longer" in the spot where the drop was touching. I removed the hanger from the frame, I removed all the excess paint between the frame and the hanger (the hanger was painted while it was installed on the frame) and reinstall. After this process the problem was smaller but not solved. So I removed the hanger again and lowered it at this point. When I put it back the problem was gone.
You can see in the picture the adjustment I made in the hanger and I never touched the frame (drop), so zero risk for warranty matters. ImageImage

Στάλθηκε από το A0001 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk