Colnago C64 First Look

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TonyM

by TonyM

mag wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:00 am
Since approx. last summer it's possible to order C60 in direct mount version which has clearance for 28mm tires so that isn't an issue.
Thanks for the update on this!

So really wondering what the C64 can have better than the C60?? I suppose some marketing claims like the Dogma etc...."just a little bit better"....

by Weenie

mag

by mag

I'm expecting some tweaks here and there mostly.. probably lower weight (they tested few lighter C60s last year though I don't know what were the results), ride characteristics more towards C59
And from those teaser photos I get the impression that the seatpost could be 27,2mm but it could be just an optical illusion.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

KarlC wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 am
He says its a 57 or a 54S so ?????
I should have clarified. I'm on a 57 Trad C59 and a 54S C60.

54 CAAD10

Mapei C59 56 Trad (RIP)

Last edited by beeatnik on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

micky

by micky

I thought this topic was bout the new Colnago, not a "show your own bike".

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Micky, cats need help in picking the right size now that there are only 8 or 9 instead of 72.

calicali

by calicali

i can tell you first hand the following:

- name is c64
- no more traditional geometry, only sloping.
- no more classic seatpost collar, it will have the shape of the v2 but improved.
- upper seatpost raccor goes all the way to the bottom bracket (is the same piece i think).
- cable routing similar to colnago v2.
- new colours

That´s all i know and i can tell!

micky

by micky

Imaking20 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 pm
^this.

Weight and compliance come to mind. Not that the C60 is uncomfortable - just that the C59 is more comfortable
A smaller diameter seatpost would help, which is the trend from some time now.

themidge

by themidge

micky wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:08 pm
A smaller diameter seatpost would help, which is the trend from some time now.
27.2mm would be more comfy but IMO the current one looks better what with the C60's thick tubes.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

@ Beeatnik: wow that C59 Mapei is (was?) soooo nice!! Drool x3!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Tbh the only thing I'm looking forward to is the price of the C60 dropping after this. Those 'improvements' in the C64 doesn't sound fantastic unless it comes in some killer paint scheme.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shrike

by Shrike

calicali wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 am
i can tell you first hand the following:

- name is c64
- no more traditional geometry, only sloping.
- no more classic seatpost collar, it will have the shape of the v2 but improved.
- upper seatpost raccor goes all the way to the bottom bracket (is the same piece i think).
- cable routing similar to colnago v2.
- new colours

That´s all i know and i can tell!
Cheers cali!

I'm sure there will be more on top of this but it's being guarded 8)

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:56 pm
Tbh the only thing I'm looking forward to is the price of the C60 dropping after this. Those 'improvements' in the C64 doesn't sound fantastic unless it comes in some killer paint scheme.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
even before the c60 came out the c59 was being discounted. if the c64 is a minor update i wouldn't expect much of a price reduction, at least not right away. the discount should have materialized. maybe colnago managed the supply chain better. i noticed a big retailer in my area has been cutting back on their stock for months now.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Calnago

by Calnago

nemomaya wrote:I'm from Barcelona and I'm reading you carefully, I just ordered a C60 PLBK 52 High a month ago that seems to be coming next week, it's my first Colnago, I have a Bianchi. My topic is that I am a little disappointed by my C60 knowing that the C64 is already here, should I be calm with the C60? Is it worth the C64? Is it true that I hear that the C60 will be timeless? the C60 will be the last made in Italy? I'm a mess. thanks for your comments, they help me a lotNo
I can certainly understand your dilemma. Have you paid for it fully yet? If not, you still have a lot of bargaining power. I know it’s a bit like going back on your word at this point but on the other hand I do think it’s pretty shitty of the dealer to not have at least informed you of this ahead of time to give you a heads up. If you just ordered it online or something on your own without discussing with any dealer, then that’s different, but perhaps you could just be honest with your dealer and explain your dilemma. Tell him you’re getting a frame from him one way or another, but you need to see what’s coming down the pipe first. It would really suck if you like the new one so much better.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

There's also the risk that the C64 could be initially less reliable than the last of the C60s. They make a few changes and put them into production. Maybe they don't work out so great and they they make running changes. If you get a C64 now you are getting the first ones made.

I see the normal seat post clamp on the C60 as a benefit. Integrated stuff worries me with regards to long term reliability.

by Weenie

nemomaya

by nemomaya

Calnago wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm
nemomaya wrote:I'm from Barcelona and I'm reading you carefully, I just ordered a C60 PLBK 52 High a month ago that seems to be coming next week, it's my first Colnago, I have a Bianchi. My topic is that I am a little disappointed by my C60 knowing that the C64 is already here, should I be calm with the C60? Is it worth the C64? Is it true that I hear that the C60 will be timeless? the C60 will be the last made in Italy? I'm a mess. thanks for your comments, they help me a lotNo
I can certainly understand your dilemma. Have you paid for it fully yet? If not, you still have a lot of bargaining power. I know it’s a bit like going back on your word at this point but on the other hand I do think it’s pretty shitty of the dealer to not have at least informed you of this ahead of time to give you a heads up. If you just ordered it online or something on your own without discussing with any dealer, then that’s different, but perhaps you could just be honest with your dealer and explain your dilemma. Tell him you’re getting a frame from him one way or another, but you need to see what’s coming down the pipe first. It would really suck if you like the new one so much better.
I will be honest and already the seller told me that during 2018 a new model should be presented. but my desire won to the head, I thought it would take longer, but the C64 is here. I hope not to be wrong