Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Seedster

by Seedster

scb wrote:Will do.still waiting on gruppo wheels and bar anyway. What gruppo did u go with. Will post some photos after build.
Since this internally routed frame replaces my C64 disc MK1, I will be porting over my campy eps h11. I have upgraded the cassette to SR for weight savings.

What groupset did you select?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mag

by mag

A new colourway available, probably in limited quantities:
https://www.colnago.com/en/colnago-and- ... nnovation/
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqG8tEANtX/

(how I hate photos of dark objects on the dark background...)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha. Yes, I saw that. And without even knowing who Fox Brothers were I thought... “Hmmm... looks like an old flannel shirt I threw away long ago”. So upon looking up Fox Bro’s, I guess it wasn’t too far off. Not so sure I want a flannel clad bicycle however. And whatever happened with their collaboration with Adidas. That was like a flash of advertisement for about a week, then nothing. Maybe Colnago is looking for extra dollars any way they can get it.
I do kind of like the gold/black stenciled Colnago logo, but I think that’s where my “‘Me likey” ends.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mag

by mag

I'd like to see it on some brighter background where things would be more visible.

That Adidas thing was just about the Master AFAIK. For example Sigma Sports has those frames for preorder: https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Colnag ... meset/KZZ4
So it's still a thing it seems, but strangely they really seem to throw something onto the people an let it live its own way...

As for the necessity to make some extra money these ways I don't know. The C-series sell well, they're still not up to the demand and as they're one of the smaller companies I think they're doing quite well overall, even taking the other frames into the account. But if they've got an excess stock of some older frames (or parts they're made from) which don't sell much anymore, it may be the way to get rid of some of those.

By the way, I've also found these Brushed Metal C64s at the Sigma Sports website: https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Colnag ... metry/MHHU
It seems to be another variant of the Art Decor scheme. Colour code BUSL

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I’ve seen the brushed metal finish before. But not in person. Re the adidas thing, I thought I might pick up some of those cheap runners they had with “Colnago” on the back, just for fun. But then I forgot about it, till now.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mag

by mag

Yes those are sold out already. When I saw that "collaboration" announcement 1st time I was hoping for some cycling shoes actually, however that does't seem to be happening.

Valy

by Valy

Hahahahahaha. I'm sure it is the ideal bike for a squatting slav. (picture, related. Cycling infrastructure with squatting slav and gopnik pusheen.) ImageImage

moonoi

by moonoi

Calnago wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am
And whatever happened with their collaboration with Adidas. That was like a flash of advertisement for about a week, then nothing.
My LBS has an Adidas Colnago Master on display, arrived a couple of weeks ago. Looks quite nice and goes well with the Master I have to say. If they haven't sold it yet, I'll take a pic next time I'm there

Konsi

by Konsi

My bike store of choice (unfortunately not quite local) build at least two of the Adidas Colnagos, one is on his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByiXWzJIxiP ... _copy_link

mag

by mag

A whole lot of new colors: https://www.colnago.com/en/bikes/c64/
And by the quick look they seem to have added some rubber cover on the top of the seat tube - seatpost joint. Yes some junk may find its way through in there a little. Just last week I removed the seatpost and a little bit of cleaning was necessary there...

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Ouch that red is very promising...

MRM

by MRM

The red (BDRD) is utterly gorgeous and incredibly tempting to swap to a C64. Alas, price is quite prohibitive and would require an entirely different build (Lightweight wheels :wink: ). The red C64 is the best OEM manufacturer paint job currently imho! Just adore it!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

mag wrote: And by the quick look they seem to have added some rubber cover on the top of the seat tube - seatpost joint. Yes some junk may find its way through in there a little. Just last week I removed the seatpost and a little bit of cleaning was necessary there...
That little rubber seal was added very soon after its release. The early ones did not have it (for instance, the red one that I profiled in my C64 thread didn’t have it). I did wonder at the time, looking at the non round shape and design, how easy it would be for water to find its way down in there along the sides. Still think there’s a lot to be said for a simple round profile seatpost that anyone can build to, allowing the use of third party posts.

mag

by mag

I've got the C64 which was made in approx. mid-July 2018, it's with the new graphics already (said to be one of the first ones with it) and with the serial number plate relocated to the downtube and it didn't have that rubber thingy yet. They must've added it later last year then.
Did you see it yourself? Is it just a piece of loose rubber that can be easily put in there? Thinking about trying to get it aftermarket and simply putting it there...
I can make something similar myself, but if they have such thing already then why not to use that instead.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I believe it’s simply a rubber sleeve that just fits right around it. Should be able to get one I would think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com