Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bely

by Bely

ikzzang wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 am
Thanks for the update on this.
I wondering what the C64 can have better than the C60.
thanks for the update! maybe the C64 would be a C59 in disguise! :lol:

looking forward to see what's new and improved.
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

TK421

by TK421

I just took delivery of my custom paint all-white C60 early December (It was ordered late summer 2017). With the custom paint and 56H it took a little bit longer than the usual, but I am so happy when it arrived!

Now I know a new one is coming out... do I regret about it? No! Should I've waited for it....erm..maybe no again. As you folks say, better clearance for wider tyres will be beneficial (for those concerned) but I currently run 23mm on my alu clinchers and 25mm on my carbon tubs and to be honest this is good enough for me. If anything, the only enticing thing worth waiting for is eventually the direct mount brakes...

The C60 is a modern classic with its clean lines and great proportions. The bigger downtube (only seen from certain angles) looks even better especially considering the seat tube's larger diameter at the bottom. Its my first Colnago and I love it. I am not really bothered whether a new C frame comes out tomorrow or in 5 years time.

Btw...reading all this stuff about GIANT taking even bigger share of colnago and eventually taking over - it's never a good thing!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemomaya

by nemomaya

TK421 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 am
I just took delivery of my custom paint all-white C60 early December (It was ordered late summer 2017). With the custom paint and 56H it took a little bit longer than the usual, but I am so happy when it arrived!

Now I know a new one is coming out... do I regret about it? No! Should I've waited for it....erm..maybe no again. As you folks say, better clearance for wider tyres will be beneficial (for those concerned) but I currently run 23mm on my alu clinchers and 25mm on my carbon tubs and to be honest this is good enough for me. If anything, the only enticing thing worth waiting for is eventually the direct mount brakes...

The C60 is a modern classic with its clean lines and great proportions. The bigger downtube (only seen from certain angles) looks even better especially considering the seat tube's larger diameter at the bottom. Its my first Colnago and I love it. I am not really bothered whether a new C frame comes out tomorrow or in 5 years time.

Btw...reading all this stuff about GIANT taking even bigger share of colnago and eventually taking over - it's never a good thing!

Hello, this week my C60 PLBK 52 High arrives. Could you put a picture of your c60 to see what the geometries are like? Thank you

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

lugs and made in italy are too important to the colnago brand. once they move all production to taiwan and go monocoque you can kiss the company good-by. i spoke to the owner of a local bike shop who carries colnago. says other than the c60 his customers have virtually no interest in the rest of the line. he sells a few bikes outside the c60, but it ain't much.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

TK421

by TK421

nemomaya wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 am
TK421 wrote:

Hello, this week my C60 PLBK 52 High arrives. Could you put a picture of your c60 to see what the geometries are like? Thank you
No problem, please see the attached images. I was also a bit concerned with the headtube sticking out too much from the top tube, but as the shop told me...it will be nicely spaced out and the proof is on the picture.
Attachments
unnamed1-WW.jpg
unnamed2-WW.jpg

nemomaya

by nemomaya

TK421 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm
nemomaya wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 am
TK421 wrote:

No problem, please see the attached images. I was also a bit concerned with the headtube sticking out too much from the top tube, but as the shop told me...it will be nicely spaced out and the proof is on the picture.
PRECIOSA!!!!!!

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Looks like Jermyn Street, did you deal with Bobby?

TK421

by TK421

Zakalwe wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Looks like Jermyn Street, did you deal with Bobby?
Yes on both! Great team of guys, I couldn't recommend them enough!

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Same place I got mine last year

XCProMD

by XCProMD

I have no idea as to where this whole rumor of Colnago being taken over by Giant comes from.

Colnago is a private owned company, a fairly small one. It seems to be doing fine although only its owners, the banks and the Italian government know, as they don’t need to publish any info on their profit or results.

From what I know they have never paid with equity their suppliers, and they have no debt with them. They take credit from a couple of Italian banks, that’s all.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

AFAIK Colnago had some frames produced from Giant and they made some kind of cooperation agreement instead of just a customer-supplier agreement for that (please correct me if I am wrong!)

And of course Giant would be very happy to be allow to have stakes in Colnago or to buy them...

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

spoke to a shop. they confirmed the italian website. rounder tubes with a weight dropping by around 200 grams. Thinking is Giant is giving them technical help on lowering the frame weight.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

TonyM

by TonyM

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:46 pm
(...)Thinking is Giant is giving them technical help on lowering the frame weight.
This is what I understood also in the cooperation agreement between Colnago and Giant.
Definitely not bad for Colnago and Giant hope to be the first in line if Colnago sells the brand oneday...

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

well lower weight and rounder tubes plus the other rumors will convince a lot of riders to upgrade. Starting to sound like more than a tweek. Technical help from Giant is a huge plus. They certainly have the expertise, but if Giant ever assumed full ownership that's it for the brand. Colnago's appeal is its Italian made in Italy heritage. It's not a pure technology play. There's a romantic aspect to a Colnago purchase.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

XCProMD wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm
I have no idea as to where this whole rumor of Colnago being taken over by Giant comes from.

Colnago is a private owned company, a fairly small one. It seems to be doing fine although only its owners, the banks and the Italian government know, as they don’t need to publish any info on their profit or results.

From what I know they have never paid with equity their suppliers, and they have no debt with them. They take credit from a couple of Italian banks, that’s all.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
i've also heard that giant has a minority equity stake. this is not uncommon for private companies to raise money and gain expertise in this manner. it also provides giant with marketing know-how.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)