Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

I bought a replacement hanger for an extreme power from those guys...... way better quality than the original

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FTPWhor

by FTPWhor

Thanks Guys!

dookietwo

by dookietwo

wilwil wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:14 pm
Alexandrumarian wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:36 pm
Yeah thats it. Don't know why but it stirs me like the red cape is supposed to stir the bull. If I wasn't a husband and father I'd rush to get a loan tomorrow. The black and white is pretty enough too although I would prefer WTOs with black side tires on it.
Like this
Hi, what's your bike weight? I'm now building a bike on the same 56s frame on the Campagnolo Record. I am considering Campagnolo WTO 33 or 45 wheels.

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

I realize I am responding to a 2-year-old message.... BUT ... can you tell us more about your Bellati transactions? No one seems able to explain why the prices are so good or where the bikes are coming from. Understandable that Mr. Bellati does not want to reveal this, but Pinarello, Cervelo, etc, all say (for reasons related to the contracts with their dealers?) that they do not know if the bikes are authentic and that they would not honor the warranty even if the serial number is legit (due to not purchasing from an authorized dealer). The Bellati web site says they handle the warranties, so okay. Also, over several decades, these manufacturers also have not stopped Bellati which suggests there is nothing suspicious going on. Have you ever had one of the manufacturers of the frames verify the serial numbers? Which manufacturer?
MyM3Coupe wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:44 pm
If you are in the US, beware that you will et slapped at nearly $1000 in customs ..
[/quote]

I’ve bought three frames on different occasions from Bellati Sport in Switzerland and have never had to pay US Customs.
[/quote]

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

In reference to above-
- Purchased LooK frame and Fulcrum wheels from Bellati earlier this year
- Both were authenticated for respective warranties through LooK and Fulcrum
-I shipped through US, no additional Customs fees were added

ms6073

by ms6073

PrivateAddress wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:52 am
I realize I am responding to a 2-year-old message.... BUT ... can you tell us more about your Bellati transactions?
I recently purchased a C64 disc from Cicli Corsa which was shipped to Texas via DHL which handled the additional import duties then invoiced me for ~$210 US. I originally considered Bellatio Sport because the price was lower, but opted for Cicli Corsa as they included the stem in the price and I found far more posts on positive experiences than with Bellatio Sport.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ms6073

by ms6073

For those with the newer disc model that are running Di2, my frameset includes some foam liner for 'insulating' the hydraulic hose inside the frame and I was curious if anyone wrapped both the brake line and Di2 inside the tube wrap?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Thanks! Interesting. I had asked Look if they would honor the warranty if I buy from Bellati and they evaded the question by saying this:

"This website seems to belong to the Swiss market... The price(before discount) is close to being correct and the leadtime for delivery (12 weeks) also seems right .
If you wish to order such a high end product, i would recommend to check at a LOOK dealer near you. You can find those on our store locator:
https://actionsports.be/store-locator/
Regards,
Lionel"

Cervelo said this:
"We are unable to verify the authenticity of bikes sold outside of our dealer network and distributorship as mentioned in our warranty page. This is especially important when submitting a warranty claim, which can only be done through the above mentioned channels, at which time we will ask for a proof of purchase. If the serial number is authentic but purchased outside of our dealer network we have the option to deny the warranty claim should it ever arise. Cervélo products purchased through any channel other than an authorized Cervélo retailer are not covered by the Cervélo warranty. So purchase at your discretion and with the understanding that it will not be covered under our warranty if purchased outside of our above mentioned Distributors/Dealers.
When you have the chance, we invite you to read through our warranty policy,
https://www.cervelo.com/en/warranty
Thank you,
Jose"

Pinarello went one step further and said they didn't know "if the bikes are used or fake" -- so they didn't even want to acknowledge that there is a third option, namely that the bikes are authentic.

Maybe sooner or later someone who is an insider in the bicycle industry can explain where the bikes are coming from that are sold by Bellati and Cicli Corsa and whey the manufacturers won't acknowledge whether they are authentic and whether they would honor the warranty if the serial number confirms that it is authentic...................

rudye9mr wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
In reference to above-
- Purchased LooK frame and Fulcrum wheels from Bellati earlier this year
- Both were authenticated for respective warranties through LooK and Fulcrum
-I shipped through US, no additional Customs fees were added

fogman

by fogman

Cicli Corsa is listed as an authorized dealer on the Colnago website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Limerick23

by Limerick23

What's your best looking stem on the c64 for rim/mechanical?
Having trouble deciding....so some images will help
Here I have thrown on a pro plt I had in a box.
Thanks
Attachments
244F41F6-27A9-45A3-AD54-AEDFF7DD397F.jpeg

AJS914

by AJS914

That would look fine with the logos removed. Deda makes a version of most of their stems in all black.

TheBeautifulOne

by TheBeautifulOne

Hello guys,
So my new colnago c64 disc with super record has just arrived. I have been reading some posts here when deciding and now that i'm owner of one here are some thoughts.

1) I have been previously riding Canyon ultimate cf sl disc with ultegra mechanical groupset and chinese lightbicycle rims (proven to be veeery reliable after some 12ths k) on dt swiss hubs. This was effectively my first road bike, have ridden few gran fondos on that one. I had zero issues with the frame or build during more than 2 years, considered it comfortable, well made and quite well fitting (although the frame was a tiny bit too large for me probably)

2) The frame paint quality of C64 is excellent. I was worried about some possible bodges reading through this forum but none of the worries materialized. Truth is that the photos dont do justice to C64 as its much much more impressive in real life

3) Ride quality, oh boy. I was staggered about the difference between C64 and my previous Canyon frame. I considered those "flying carpet" experiences mentioned in some reviewes as either a marketing bullshit or a kind of "psychological justification" for such an expensive frame, however it really is there. I have the bike build on same tires as my previous (GP 5000s) and with same tire pressure 105/110 psi. Yet the ride experience on C64 is light years ahead of canyon. Its silky smooth and almos weird in the sense that you feel like there is tiny gap between tarmac and the bicycle. My friend swapped bile with me it for few hundred meters and his eyes popped out by the difference in ride quality between his bike and my C64

4) groupset. Super Record EPS.
So far unimpressed. Everything seems to be right, shifting quality comparable to shimano di2 but i wasnt blown away compared to a properly set up mechanical groupset. Although i have raced previously on borrowed di2 groupset so i didnt have unrealistic expectations from electrical campy. Shifts well and precise, thats about it. I kinda regret that i didnt buy mechanical version as it has certain "je ne sais quoi" appeal to me

Overall excellent bicycle , excellent ride.
Is it significantly faster or significantly lighter than my previous Canyon? Aboslutely not. Is it totally different and more enjoyable experience? Hell yes!
Attachments
91FF7D2A-506F-499A-8958-54C757FCB5DE.jpeg
7002C2B2-8908-4255-B3F0-92441437A19D.jpeg
FC12A616-5D9A-46AA-BEDD-EC48E762A1BA.jpeg

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

On this frameset, electronic was absolutely the right choice - the integrated look is far superior to the mechanical routing on the C64, you’d have the cables coming in the frame on the top of the downtube. Also there was a dodgy bit of routing in the chain stay with the cable hitting the corner of the dropout at a right angle. C60 was the last real C series designed for mechanical