Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coriordan

by coriordan

What happened to colnago wording on the fork on the red one?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

KotP wrote:
KotP wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BldxkrRFRS6/

Factory custom art decor, candy apple red to black fade. I'm not sure about the stealth logos but considering it's the new logo maybe not such a bad idea....

Much sharper pics of this bike...

My two favourite colour schemes I've seen so far
No question it’s the nicest looking one I’ve seen as well. Burn your retina hot!!!

Boshk

by Boshk

KotP wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:32 am
KotP wrote:

Factory custom art decor, candy apple red to black fade. I'm not sure about the stealth logos but considering it's the new logo maybe not such a bad idea....

My two favourite colour schemes I've seen so far. There's probably a theme there, and that could be the fact the paint is not highlighting the 'wedges' behind the headtube and in the fork blades.
WOW, beautiful colour AND you got the 5 arm version too! I've always thought the new 4 arm was good since I have the Chorus 4 arm, but looking at your SR 5 arm spider....damn!

maybe this is a stupid question, but is your crankset compatible with 'newer' campy stuff...ie Chorus/SR components....chain, FD, RD etc etc?

AJS914

by AJS914

coriordan wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm
The fade to black is covering it up. I'd say the painter could have transitioned that a little better but otherwise a gorgeous bike.

KotP

by KotP

coriordan wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm
Are you talking about this?
That's shadow from the drops right where the red fades to black.
Boshk wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm

maybe this is a stupid question, but is your crankset compatible with 'newer' campy stuff...ie Chorus/SR components....chain, FD, RD etc etc?
Not my bike.

TK421

by TK421

superdx wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:05 am
KotP wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:19 am
superdx wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Saw this today in FB. Another limited edition? This is one hell of a color.
I came across this on instagram today: https://www.instagram.com/cycles_victor/

1 of 50. It seems it's part of the Richard Mille/Alain Prost/Colnago collaboration that was announced last year, but now a C64.

It might be a bit sacrilegious but I think it's a very nice paint job spoilt by some watch mech graphics :P

So sell the watch, keep the bike? :mrgreen:
815k for an unknown brand of mech watch? A Patek Phillipe is by far a better investment at this pricing. I'd much prefer the bike!
[/quote]

815k for an unknown brand of mech watch? A Patek Phillipe is by far a better investment at this pricing. I'd much prefer the bike!
[/quote]

Unknown watch brand? To you perhaps. It’s the same for the average Joe in world of bicycles who can’t see why some crazy guys in lycra would pay so much money for these unknown brands like Passoni, Parlee, Cyfac when you can have Trek, Specialized, Canyon for 1/2 the price...

While I find the paint job unusual and cool, I also think this collaboration with Alain Prost and Richard Mille quite naff... same with Bianchi/Ferrari and S-Works/McLaren

zappafile123

by zappafile123

KotP wrote:
I've got to stop posting these unique colour schemes because as time goes on there going to be increasingly more common but they keep popping up on instagram and this is one beautiful bike....

Will this colour-way be made widely available? This is easily the best paint job on a colnago I've seen since the art decor c59s. I'd be tempted to buy one!
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

KotP wrote:
KotP wrote:

My two favourite colour schemes I've seen so far. There's probably a theme there, and that could be the fact the paint is not highlighting the 'wedges' behind the headtube and in the fork blades.
Jesus, that is gorgeous!!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That’s a custom paint job (the red one), no? I also think they messed up a bit with the black fade on the fork. I don’t think that’s just shadow from the handlebars... there’s photos from different locations and it looks the same.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Noctiluxx wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 am
KotP wrote:
KotP wrote:

Jesus, that is gorgeous!!
This is probably the nicest bike I have seen in - well forever actually. I don't like the art decor normally but that is simply stunning. Wouldn't be able to ride it though for fear of scratching it.

AJS914

by AJS914

Can anyone get a custom painted Colnago? How does one comminicate what they want?

coriordan

by coriordan

Can't you just pay any old frame painter to do it? - obviously a good one!

guyc

by guyc

That red is lovely, but the fade on the fork leg isn't right. It looks like the masking went wrong and is too sudden. I'd also like to have seen a longer fade on the chainstays and also on the saddle end of the seatpost so the three points of exit balance...

KotP

by KotP

zappafile123 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 am

Will this colour-way be made widely available? This is easily the best paint job on a colnago I've seen since the art decor c59s. I'd be tempted to buy one!
No idea, it's custom done at the factory. There are previous examples of custom art decor and other C64's already in this thread. For example:
nestornnk wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm
I saw the black gold at the colnago factory but unfortunately was already sold. So i got this.Unfortunately in 50s, not my size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same scheme, but old gold logos.

Standard art decor schemes are nice if that's you thing; BFBL and BFWH (example in post below).
AJS914 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:11 am
Can anyone get a custom painted Colnago? How does one comminicate what they want?
I don't know but I'd start by asking a dealer. But be prepared to pay more for it, get on a waiting list, or be told no.
Last edited by KotP on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KotP

by KotP

Shadow

Fade with out shadow

Which seems to match pretty consistently with the standard art decor

I'm not going to go to bat for Colnago's painters because I've seen suspect work before, but in this case I think they got it right. Or at least consistent with the standard art decor schemes.

And while everyone is drooling over this custom I'll bring it back down to earth with this sin on the non drive side :twisted:

I think it's a vinyl sticker, or hope :P