Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

True. But the standard fades from light to dark as it goes down the fork leg. Where they’ve chosen dark to light it obscures the C.

nestornnk

by nestornnk

They produced 2 frames in this red/black custom color. One was a 50s the bike that is posted here and another in 52s that i got
As far as i know there are no plans for this paint scheme to become available

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Magnum

by Magnum

I don’t mind the new font they’re using but it’s a shame they are not matching up the font on the seatposts - all the framesets I’ve seen so far have mismatched seatpost fonts (saw some today in my local Colnago dealer, and on the blue bike on this thread). As in, new font everywhere on the frame, old font on the supposedly matching seatpost. They’re probably just using up old stock during this transition period but on a bike at this level I’d want it all matching!

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Are there any ride reports in the 58 pages of this post? Would be cool to hear a comparative review e.g. C64 vs. C60, F8, XR4 etc.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

KotP

by KotP

zappafile123 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:49 am
Are there any ride reports in the 58 pages of this post? Would be cool to hear a comparative review e.g. C64 vs. C60, F8, XR4 etc.
Might be best to see the individual owners/build topics.

KotP

by KotP

As seen at the Colnago Owners Day, Gloucestershire UK, over the weekend:

Some sort of collaboration with Le Col. Matte blue tubes and seat post, gloss dark blue lugs.

Hideous pairing with the wrong shade of bar tape and those FSA rings.... :shock:

I'm not obsessed with different C64 paint schemes but I keep waiting for one to appear that would cause me to go out and pay full retail. As it is I like PKWH best, but if I'm spending that sort of money on a frame set I'd want it to be exactly what I want.

wilwil

by wilwil

KotP wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:26 am

Some sort of collaboration with Le Col. Matte blue tubes and seat post, gloss dark blue lugs.

Hideous pairing with the wrong shade of bar tape and those FSA rings.... :shock:

I'm not obsessed with different C64 paint schemes but I keep waiting for one to appear that would cause me to go out and pay full retail. As it is I like PKWH best, but if I'm spending that sort of money on a frame set I'd want it to be exactly what I want.
Strange how bad those chain rings look. I would ideally like an all gloss paint sheme which doesnt exist.

corky

by corky

Agreed on all points.....looks drab even with the bling chain. I’d like one where the lugs weren’t a different colour to the tubes so the poor painting wasn’t so apparent........and still not sure about the new font.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Colnago is distributed by Windwave in the UK who are also FSA and Vision, which is why this build is the way it is.

maxice

by maxice

RTW wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:48 pm
Colnago is distributed by Windwave in the UK who are also FSA and Vision, which is why this build is the way it is.
Who did the colours or do Colnago do PTS?

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

After seeing them on one of UAE team bikes, I ordered Elite Custom Race Plus bottle cages, thinking they would fit in the "pool". Nope. Had to use 2 washers under the upper bolt to have the cage not touching the frame.

Any ideas which cage fits in there without needing to raise it? Lezyne Flow side loading cage fits lengthwise but I would prefer something else.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I would just use the cages you prefer and appropriate spacers between the cages and the frame. The nuts off of valve stems works pretty well. I also don’t use the cage bolts that come with the frames, because as beautiful as those little things are, they sit quite high on the inside and can scrape your bottle as you pull it in or out. I don’t care about the “scrape” from a cosmetic stanpoint but it they can sometimes be an “obstacle” to get past. So for my cages (Arundel Dave-O’s, or Mandibles), I use the button head bolts that come with the bottles. The Colnago bolt heads can be turned into some fine earrings.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Seedster

by Seedster

I had mandibles that could did not work without washers. I purchased Blackburn cages, removed the branding and they were lighter, cheaper and noticeably more fragile.

fogman

by fogman

What brand is the sky blue bar tape on the Le Col C64 above?

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

KotP wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:26 am
Well, I've looked at it long enough... it's hideous. I'm not even thinking a mother would love this build. And yeah, that new font... so far it hasn't grown on me, but this build isn't doing it any favors either.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ