Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mag

by mag

Lucky b***ard... And I'm still waiting. :unbelievable:
Given his location and the cassette he uses he might as well use 1x chainring option. :lol:

derosa2000

by derosa2000

Mockenrue wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 am
Thanks for posting the pic of the second bike. Instant relief for the eyes after the first one. IMHO.
IMHO you are completely right ;O)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hgw20

by hgw20

Buddies, does any of u know.something about new "styling" for 2019 framesets?
I'm.waiting for one pksl which fortunately will arrive next week and the shop has just told me Im receiving a new 2019 frame style who's is "slightly different".

It really sounds weird to me but the shop is one of the biggest dealers of colnago in the world so I give them some trust...any hints?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

mag

by mag

Same here. Been waiting for months and finally learned that it should arrive within few weeks with the 2019 paintjob. Asked whether they could show how it's going to look like, but they couldn't, so unless Colnago reveals these paintjobs soon it's going to be a little surprise it seems (actually in my case I'll consider miracle that it will finally arrive, it's been really long waiting).

Post few photos of yours once you receive it.

hgw20

by hgw20

mag wrote:Same here. Been waiting for months and finally learned that it should arrive within few weeks with the 2019 paintjob. Asked whether they could show how it's going to look like, but they couldn't, so unless Colnago reveals these paintjobs soon it's going to be a little surprise it seems (actually in my case I'll consider miracle that it will finally arrive, it's been really long waiting).

Post few photos of yours once you receive it.
Which is your colour?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

MRM

by MRM

The custom red Art Decor is still the best I've seen so far. Hope one like that becomes available for one of you!

mag

by mag

I'm waiting for BFWH (White Art Decor).
And yes, that red one is certainly nice, also the dark greenish one looks quite good. But they tend to make such experiments with 52s size frames only and that isn't my size. I tried to persuade them into something custom but they were reluctant. Maybe now they'd be more open but I'm sure that would mean another delay...

nickstea

by nickstea

Hello all,
I recently got the opportunity to buy a c64. I’ve always used DA, however on this bike I’m thinking of going all Italian.
Do you think I should go with he new campy 12 speed vs the V3 EPS vs see what’s coming in for v4 EPS?
I’m going with a disc build for what it’s worth.

Thank you for your opinions.

corky

by corky

Maybe new paint jobs shown @ Eurobike ?

chunky666

by chunky666

nickstea wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 am
Hello all,
I recently got the opportunity to buy a c64. I’ve always used DA, however on this bike I’m thinking of going all Italian.
Do you think I should go with he new campy 12 speed vs the V3 EPS vs see what’s coming in for v4 EPS?

If you havent used it before have a ride on a demo bike with Campag first. I've only ever used shimano and SRAM and then got lent a Potenza equipped bike for a couple of months. Hated it! the hood shape was all wrong and the thumb shifters as well as being in the wrong place for me to actually get my thumb to just reminded me of the nasty low end shimano groupsets you get on really cheap bikes.

Seedster

by Seedster

nickstea wrote:Hello all,

I recently picked up a C64 disc and elected to go H11 v3 EPS. I would recommend getting 11 speed electronic or 12 speed mechanical. Electronic 12 speed will not be released for several months. If you don’t need to ride right away, then by all means wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scb

by scb

nickstea wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 am
Hello all,

Are you getting disc version with all internal routing? I ordered one when c64 was released and am still waiting.

mag

by mag

The updated paint schemes are online (with the whole colnago.com website redesign): https://www.colnago.com/en/bikes/c64/
(former PK paint code prefixes are now PJ, BF now being BD)
I see only minor differences like label position and font tweaks, otherwise none at all. Not sure why that's worth new paint codes...
Last edited by mag on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seedster

by Seedster

The change in label positions, colnago font and other minor visual differences probably necessitated the updated paint codes.

mag

by mag

Yes you're probably right. They tweaked their visual style a little (including the used font) so even though the overall graphics remained the same, those changes still required new paint codes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com