Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scb

by scb

SuperDomestique wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm
Non integrated disc frames are a month away I think.

Agree though it's annoying to have something dangled at you and then it's not available.
I considered the non-integrated disc frame for that reason until i saw some photos of fully internally routed version. Then it became an easy decision even knowing that delivery was many months away.

nickstea

by nickstea

scb wrote:
SuperDomestique wrote:

Agree though it's annoying to have something dangled at you and then it's not available.
I considered the non-integrated disc frame for that reason until i saw some photos of fully internally routed version. Then it became an easy decision even knowing that delivery was many months away.
I’m having trouble understanding what the difference is between the integrated and non-integrated frame set is. Is it just the stem? If someone could enlighten me that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Th integrated runs the brake cable down the inside of the fork. Much cleaner.

moonoi

by moonoi

SuperDomestique wrote:

Are there any pictures of how the non integrated disc frameset looks? I originally ordered a Concept Disc, but after delay and delay, my local importer has offered to exchange it to a C64 disc, since the wait time would be the same, whilst very different frames I could be tempted to switch if I could only see what it looks like built up.

KotP

by KotP

More colour variations.

Fabio Aru's training bike:

Similar to PKRD except team head tube logo, white logos and maybe even gloss naked carbon tubes as opposed to matte. National champion bands on the seat tube.

Fabio Aru's team bike at launch:

Same as the other team bikes except Aru has the tricolour on the seat tube. Matte head tube and fork to match other tubes. Campagnolo and Vittoria sponsor logos in addition to Emirates.

Fabio Aru's Giro d'Italia bike as featured on Colnago's Instagram:

Matte everything. Only sponsor logo is Emirates. I find this an odd look for a team bike. I like a matte bike, but I don't think it will have many fans.

The ultimate weight weenie C64 paint job? :D It's not like the regular team bike had a lot of gloss paint to weigh it down :wink:

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Can someone take a close up of the crack(s)? Lol.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Interesting, the older version of the Shamal Ultra's on Aru's training rig.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

guyc

by guyc

KotP wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 am

Matte everything. Only sponsor logo is Emirates. I find this an odd look for a team bike. I like a matte bike, but I don't think it will have many fans.

The ultimate weight weenie C64 paint job? :D It's not like the regular team bike had a lot of gloss paint to weigh it down :wink:
He's riding this in Trentino this week (a la Tour of the Alps now, but always Trentino to most). It does look dull. Quite some achievement with this frame and the colours we can all buy.

scb

by scb

Does anybody have any more information on Colnago's timing regarding the internally routed stem and fork? Longer is probably better if I want to hopefully see the next iteration of EPS.

guyc

by guyc

My shop was told September for the internal disc frameset. I understand that the stems will arrive sooner though and most likely June/July.
Last edited by guyc on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scb

by scb

guyc wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
My shop was told September for the internalmdosc frameset. I understand that the stems will arrive sooner though and most likely June/July.
Thanks--hearing the same thing here in US.

guyc

by guyc

scb wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 pm
guyc wrote:
My shop was told September for the internalmdosc frameset. I understand that the stems will arrive sooner though and most likely June/July.
A friend is after one (the disc frameset) and his local shop has said the same today. So that's looking pretty concrete now.

scb

by scb

guyc wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm
scb wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 pm
guyc wrote:
A friend is after one (the disc frameset) and his local shop has said the same today. So that's looking pretty concrete now.
Is my assumption correct that if the disc with internal routing ships in September, then it will be a 2018? At what point do they become 2019s?

chunky666

by chunky666

SuperDomestique wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:35 pm
Also told end of year for integrated disc frames.

There is never a firm date with Colnago though, only vague suggestions! :lol:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Frustrating for the customer....
Try ordering something a little different and it's even worse!

Art decor Concept Disc currently at 16 weeks. Had 2 delivery dates been and gone and now just been given another date of 'Frame due back from painters this week then 14 days for delivery'.

Not holding out much hope but I can but cross my fingers! Hopefully now the importer has lent me there demo bike to use till it turns up they will hurry up as i'm holding it to ransom!! lol

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I normally don’t go for team bikes, however, I used to live in the UAE so this does have a special place in my heart. That said, the Art Deco versions are probably too beautiful to pass up.
KotP wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 am
More colour variations.

Fabio Aru's training bike:

Similar to PKRD except team head tube logo, white logos and maybe even gloss naked carbon tubes as opposed to matte. National champion bands on the seat tube.

Fabio Aru's team bike at launch:

Same as the other team bikes except Aru has the tricolour on the seat tube. Matte head tube and fork to match other tubes. Campagnolo and Vittoria sponsor logos in addition to Emirates.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com