Colnago C64 First Look

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

We have tons of topics that devolved into disc vs rim brakes already! 😃

I have a disc brake Crux. It stops great and all but I ride it in extreme conditions. Maintenance is a PITA. I hardly brake on my C59 and I don’t ride it in the rain or during winter when the roads are crap. If I were buying a C64 today I’d get rim brakes and if I were replacing my Crux I’d get discs. And, it’s not like a C64 disc will be a bad ride. You can’t go wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scb

by scb

I have a number of rim brake bikes including a C60, but want easier braking hand pressure with disc brakes when braking is necessary

KotP

by KotP

MRM wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:52 am
Unique gold tint C64 like the C60 colorway before. Love it. Looks amazing!
nestornnk wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm
I saw the black gold at the colnago factory but unfortunately was already sold. So i got this.Unfortunately in 50s, not my size
Add another Art Decor variant to the list. This time white, similiar to BFWH, but with black stays and top tube and other small details.

I saw it today on instagram, seems to be located in Brazil.

hgw20

by hgw20

Guys today I've just booked a c64 in pksl color. One of my main concerns now is regarding the BB and the compatibilities with my crankset.

Currently I'm riding sram red 22 crankset with a quarq dzero (bb30).
Does anybody of u know what adapter should I use for using my crankset with the c64 frame?

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

moonoi

by moonoi

If you want to use the existing crank/power meter then take a look at Ceramicspeeds T4530 solution, this is a specific solution for Colnagos Threadfit BB shell, otherwise I'd suggest selling it and going with a GXP DZero instead

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/produ ... &sku=T4530

hgw20

by hgw20

moonoi wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:32 am
If you want to use the existing crank/power meter then take a look at Ceramicspeeds T4530 solution, this is a specific solution for Colnagos Threadfit BB shell, otherwise I'd suggest selling it and going with a GXP DZero instead

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/produ ... &sku=T4530
Wow...ultraexpensive BB hahahaha. I think it´s going to be easier selling it and going to the gxo version.

Thsi would work directly?

moonoi

by moonoi

with the SRAM GXP PF86 BB, yes it will work fine with the existing Colnago supplied Threadfit cups, this is the same setup as I had on my C60 :)

KotP

by KotP

Custom order green C64 disc version on instagram. If your waiting on the disc C64 maybe the hold up is a queue in the paint shop :wink:

Or they've run out of paint, there might be a shortage. Ask Manuele Mori at the Giro....

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Thanks for posting the pic of the second bike. Instant relief for the eyes after the first one. IMHO.

guyc

by guyc

God that’s GREEN

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I hope they run out of that green color real quick. But regardless of color, I’m just not a fan of the entire bike having that “dipped in a vat of paint” look. Even the C60’s etc, when they have the same color seatpost as the frame AND the seat collar as well in that color. I think just a plain black seat collar looks much nicer and breaks up that “whole bike dipped in paint and pulled out to dry” look.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mag

by mag

Insane paintjob. At least one Italian died in the process of making this. :-D This so bad that it would look bad even with the black seatpost.
Metallic dark green, possibly with some minor chameleon effect like the chameleon green Tarmac SL6 (but less pronounced) could look good, but this just makes my eyes bleed (and something green comes out).

AJS914

by AJS914

I think the green looks cool. I'd never buy it but I appreciate the effort.

I'm partial to the all silver Colnagos with the silver matching seatpost.

Btg

by Btg

I have a C64 disc coming next week. Does anyone know if there is enough tire clearance for Enve 4.5AR disc wheels with 28mm tires. Enve website shows the need for 35mm from the edge of the rim to the back wall of the BB between the chain stays and 40mm from inside edge to inside edge of the chain stays at the widest point of the tire. Thanks in advance for any info

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Btg

by Btg

Attachments
B0AB790B-4D1E-4580-AA7F-F53983669685.png