Cdale Evo Hi-Mod vs BMC SLR01 vs AX Evo vs AX Evo Race

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So my LBS is taking a hella long time in getting me the frame I want (Evo Hi Mod in 48) and I'm looking at other possibilities. I used to ride a BMC SLR01 and it was fantastic, but they no longer stock BMC. They stock Cdale but getting a 48 Hi Mod frame in NZ is proving near on impossible. So I'm comparing against the BMC geometry for a 47 (which I used to ride) and a 48 Hi Mod and the small size AX Lightness Ultra and Ultra Race - which now to being via Benotti is actually pretty reasonable in price and comparable in what it will cost me to get the Hi Mod frame.

Here is the issue, I'm shit at maths and numbers and comparisons and I'm trying to figure out if the AX sizes (small is a 52??) for either a Ultra or the Ultra Race would kind of fit. I ride a 110 stem and 172.5 cranks presently on the loaner Hi Mod (non Evo) and it's all good. The vast differences in top tube length but how that combines with the reach, wheelbase etc. Do they end up pretty much being the same? I don't have the wheelbase measure or front hub to BB centre measure for the Evo Ultra Race so I can't compare that piece.

Help?
Attachments
Compare.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com