Does a 75mm Enve road stem actually exist?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

savechief

by savechief

The Enve website indicates that the shortest road stem is 90mm, but several reputable online retailers indicate that there is a 75mm stem. Which is correct?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

That's got the old style logos, so it may be that they've trimmed down the line of current stems slightly. Looking on the uk distributor site they're only listing 90 to 130 now.

They do have the 70mm or 85mm mountain bike stems if you're desperate for a new one :P

savechief

by savechief

That's actually pretty funny, because this is for a mountain bike, I just happen to like the look of the road stem better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

praem

by praem

I got my 75mm road stem from the local vendor in Bangkok. It's the last one and I never see this size again.

savechief

by savechief

Here is the response I got back from Enve:
Thanks for your email! We do not have a 75mm road stem available directly. I believe that we produced that length in the past, so there's a chance you may be able to find one in stock through a retailer or distributor!

Regarding the 75mm stem picture posted above, I hope that you got your stem through an authorized dealer. Something about the Enve logo looks a bit off in terms of proportions (maybe it's the photo, I don't know). It looks too short and stretched compared to other pictures I've found.

moyboy

by moyboy

yeah that stem looks sketchy....

ms6073

by ms6073

Going to disagree as the stem in the image above looks like a dead ringer for the ones listed on Jenson USA
I sourced one of the Enve 80 mm matte black stealth road stems for the wife's road bike direct from Enve some time in the past and it looks like the one above. She also has the 75mm MTB stem on her CX/Gravel bike and they are distinctly different designs as the Enve computer stem mount will not fit the MTB stem as the front clamp bolt holes are a tad wider.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

praem

by praem

I bought the stem above from the authorized dealer and it came in the proper Enve box. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

There is one for sale on a Facebook classifieds group I follow, if the OP is interested.