Focus Izalco Max -- When will it be updated?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

octave

by octave

hey everyone,

i have long been tempted by the Focus Izalco Max and it's feathery nature. but, i can't help but wonder if it will be updated soon. the current chassis has been around since 2014, correct? and it is the same for 2018. that would make 5 seasons, which seems long to me....

does anyone have info i don't have? has the frame really been unchanged since 2014?

thanks!

o

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Not sure, but Focus have an aero model coming out soon.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romalor

by romalor

I don"t think
Rumors say derby cycles will no produce focus road bike in the future
They will produce cx mtb frame for focus but no more road

others brands from derby cycles ; cervelo for exemple , will be used for that

I may be wrong

octave

by octave

romalor wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm
I don"t think

I may be wrong
that would suck. i had a focus izalco team sl and loved it!

reedplayer

by reedplayer

romalor wrote:
I don"t think

I may be wrong
source? cant hardly believe that. focus put much effort in developing the izalco max, extremely upgraded the cayo, and just brought the paralane on the market, which is an expensive bike as well. further they are working on an e-racebike.
what i read, but absolutely unceratin source, is, that they want to replace rim-brake bikes completely by disc-brake bikes. but this propaply affects all bike manufacturers sooner or later.
the izalco max imo is one of those bikes which is difficult to upgrade. weight is already extremely low, and its design is very classical, clear and simple, without embellishment and "fantasy" forms. if there will be an upgrade, propaply a very light one, like cd did on the evo.

wingguy

by wingguy

romalor wrote:
I don"t think

No way. Cervelo hits a totally different brand identity and price for spec than Focus. Neither one can replace the other. And as mentioned above, Focus have a brand new aero road bike coming out next year.

octave

by octave

wingguy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 pm
romalor wrote:
I don"t think

No way. Cervelo hits a totally different brand identity and price for spec than Focus. Neither one can replace the other. And as mentioned above, Focus have a brand new aero road bike coming out next year.
any link to the focus aero road bike coming out next year? i can't help but bet it will be superlight like so many of their road frames.

oddspam

by oddspam

The 2019 models are already confirmed for distributiors. The Izalco will get a total re-make. No more round tubes, and seat stays moved down the seat tube as seen on many other brands.

Exact release date I don't know, and since Focus is not sponsoring any TdF-teams, it's not necessarily something we get to see in France.

A "Focus Izalco Disc G3" (note that it's not reffering to neither Max nor Road) was added to UCI's list of approved frames in late March.

oddspam

by oddspam

https://www.cycling-univers.fr/vélos/fo ... 9515009584

Seems like specs for the new Izalco are out there. No pictures, no prices and no dates.

inspclouseau

by inspclouseau

I've been a Focus fan boy for a while. Had the Izalco Team SL and now the Izalco Max disc. Absolutely love it and for the reasons above. Love the traditional style, lightweight, stiff, rides great.

Unfortunately, as I follow them, they seem more concerned with electrifying their bikes and my local dealer who once really favored them has been steering folks away. Plus not sponsoring any teams - seems their biz model is changing.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

oddspam wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 am
The 2019 models are already confirmed for distributiors. The Izalco will get a total re-make. No more round tubes, and seat stays moved down the seat tube as seen on many other brands.
that does not sound good for my ears at all. fortunately just purchased a 2017-model, which i m going to use for the next years, so no need to purchase something new anyway. nevertheless regrettable.

Rone69

by Rone69

The geometry of new Izalco Max Disc
https://www.milkywayshop.it/bici-strada ... c-8-8-2019

and the new Izalco Max Disc
Attachments
Focus Izalco 2 a.jpg

Cemicar

by Cemicar

The appearance is incredibly generic and could be a fake photoshoped by someone, but still it'd be real, given where the industry is heading for.

Btw, the geometry is very interesting, as these head tubes are unbelievably short!

morganb

by morganb

Cemicar wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:35 pm
The appearance is incredibly generic and could be a fake photoshoped by someone, but still it'd be real, given where the industry is heading for.

Btw, the geometry is very interesting, as these head tubes are unbelievably short!
Its got an unusually long fork axle to crown, either for tire clearance or some aerodynamic reason. The stack and reach are pretty standard race bike numbers. Its taller than a lot of gravel bike forks that will fit 700x42 tires. I know Specialized went the opposite direction on the SL6 (the cited stiffness reasons), longer head tubes but shorter forks to achieve the same stack and reach.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

It could be one of the first road disc aero bikes that have fully explored what you can do around the fork crown with no need for a rim brake. Because the chainstay length and lack of dropped chainstay doesn't shout design for large clearance tyres.

Ignore the headtube length and look at the geo. I quite like the geometery, looks well considered.