SRAM Red rear brake caliper problem

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
itguy

by itguy

Been adjusting the caliper a lot but still the brake would press in on one side before the other and this is causing my rim to bend a little when I hold the brake lever.

Is this dangerous during a ride? That the rim is being pressed to one side?

Tried adjusting the housing length but the result is still the same.

My bike runs a full length brake housing, from shifter to caliper.

Any help will be thanked thoroughly!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Vermu

by Vermu

Off the bat it sounds like caliber isn’t attached to the frame tight enough.
Its a pita tbh. First center it and then tighten. Had similar problem when the bolt was a bit loose and let the brake move when braking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Have you adjusted it correctly? I take it the single pivot sram red - you have centered it using the grub screws? You have checked the main bolt is tight as suggested? Your wheel is centered in the dropouts?
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Asteroid

by Asteroid

Get a set of Campy Record/Chorus, Cane Creek, or Dura Ace/Ultegra and move on. Sram are crap.
Oldbie

dvq

by dvq

I suspect you're talking about the aerolink calipers. They're notoriously difficult to get just right -- re-adjust your cable housing length -- I had to get mine within 1-2mm of optimal so it wouldn't pull or push at all on the brake or the brake would float to one side.

by Weenie

itguy

by itguy

dvq wrote:I suspect you're talking about the aerolink calipers. They're notoriously difficult to get just right -- re-adjust your cable housing length -- I had to get mine within 1-2mm of optimal so it wouldn't pull or push at all on the brake or the brake would float to one side.
Yes it's that one. I had an eebrake but it can't fit on the rear due to the frame's design. It's a Specialized Allez Sprint.

I'll try to trim the cable housing again.

Though, the way the brake works when without the wheel on the bike, when I pull the lever, only one side will engage while the other side is not moving.

So when I fit in the wheel, as the moving side presses in, only the other side will engage, causing the wheel to bend in on the side that presses in first.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk