Fasterway frame set (Factor o2)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ande

by ande

Hi all,

as a newbie in chinese bike frames i have question regarding an offer on aliexpress.

I am very interested in factor frame sets especially in the o2. I found a very good looking chinese version on aliexpress. Acc. to the offer it is a frame build by fasterway and sold by Yu Feng bike parts Store.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/2017-fas ... 05257.html

How should the offer be evaluated? Does anyone have experience with the manufacturer / shop?

many thanks

wingguy

by wingguy

ande wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:07 pm
I am very interested in factor frame sets especially in the o2.
Clearly you're not.
How should the offer be evaluated?
Like any other counterfeit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's the same "look" but a much higher weight.... so then...what's the point?
The "look" of the O2 isn't particularly unique. So unless you are going for something that isn't branded at all as a Factor bike, then this is just a joke. You're going to be riding a heavier copy of a Factor 02 that itself already looks somewhat generic... why?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Seriously? c'mon man. What is the mindset of people who consider counterfeit frames? Why can't you just accept that for whatever reason you cannot afford what you want right now? I don't get it. You are not somehow "entitled" to ride the frame you desire. Have fun, and get by on what you can afford.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

ande

by ande

I think I have expressed myself mistakenly. I like the design of the frame set. By this I mean the frame shape. I'm not interested in showing something I might not be able to pay for. I don't need that. I would design the painting individually.

I want to ride the frame as a second bike. I mainly want to continue using my Focus Izalco Max eTap.

I was primarily interested in the shop and the manufacturer. Someone may also have a link to a similar frame design from one of the major, well-known manufacturers in Asia.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

wingguy

by wingguy

ande wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm
II like the design of the frame set. By this I mean the frame shape.
The visual design not the actual design, obviously.

ande

by ande

wingguy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 pm
ande wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm
II like the design of the frame set. By this I mean the frame shape.
The visual design not the actual design, obviously.
As a non-native speaker, my English is not the best. :roll:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Ah, well in that case, if you're going to re-brand/re-design it yourself it may be worth considering. It's been very rare to hear of any issues coming from China lately - even the more 'unknown' sellers seem to do a decent rate of production. While the performance of the frame may not be on par with an actual Factor 02 due to the layup schedule of carbon (or the resin being used), the frame should perform fine as any normal frame would.

Cue the parade of posts from people that want to rip apart quality from Chinese manufacturers in 3...2...1....
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ande

by ande

I guess that's clear. I wouldn't get an Izalco Max copy for a fraction of the original either.

lwk

by lwk

I purchased the classic frameset from them which I’m going to have painted my own design. The finish of the frameset is good. Only issue I have is that the seatpost fits quite loosely in the frame. Will add some layers of clear coat to seatpost
Communication was good with the seller and shipping was fast. Frameset for size L is 920g. Awaiting delivery of Wishbone BB for Campagnolo

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 6836Zgcqf5

Rone69

by Rone69

lwk wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 am
I purchased the classic frameset from them which I’m going to have painted my own design. The finish of the frameset is good. Only issue I have is that the seatpost fits quite loosely in the frame. Will add some layers of clear coat to seatpost
Communication was good with the seller and shipping was fast. Frameset for size L is 920g. Awaiting delivery of Wishbone BB for Campagnolo

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 6836Zgcqf5
I'm interested to the Fasterway Classic, what can you say about this frame after riding it for several months ?
Do you recommend it?
Can you say something about the characteristics or about the ride quality, the usual things, stiffness, harshness, climbing and descendig quality, comfort ecc ecc
Thank you very much.

Rone69

by Rone69

Any one who have the Fasterway Classic?

itsacarr

by itsacarr

While I am sure the Fasterway is just fine for knockoff bikes - it is simply that, regardless of where it's made. Literally knocking off the same paint schemes et all. After having seen several ali express brands from the inside out including an authentic Factor O2 I can assure you they are not the same despite the outward appearence.

Maybe it's best we take Factor o2 out of the title of this thread.
Just ride ..

Rone69

by Rone69

itsacarr wrote:While I am sure the Fasterway is just fine for knockoff bikes - it is simply that, regardless of where it's made. Literally knocking off the same paint schemes et all. After having seen several ali express brands from the inside out including an authentic Factor O2 I can assure you they are not the same despite the outward appearence.

Maybe it's best we take Factor o2 out of the title of this thread.
I agree, but I'm talking about the "Fasterway Classic" frame, not about the "Fasterway O2" .....

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I think I was directing my comment towards the OP - my apologies :)

You might want to check out this thread if you have not as you might find a few more subscribers with similar experiences.

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... d#p1430765
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com