Allez Sprint vs Allez

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pyrahna

by pyrahna

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm
my bare aluminum DSW Allez is 1166g
My RedHook 52cm w/ Headset bearings, cage bolts, and hanger was 1416 grams....that's the price you pay for super thick paint. One of these days I'll tear down my black anodized sprint and weigh it, I'm curious what the difference is.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

morganb wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 pm
My friend who works for Spec told me that it was supposed to be in the 900g range, but this was before production so that target might have changed. I've had two Sprints and one was light and the current one is substantially heavier. My gold ano frame was ~1100g with bearings while my Sagan frame is over 1300g.
Yea, the original 2x gold Frameset was supposed to be something like 1150g for frame/fork with headset installed, but not sure what size that was. Wouldn’t surprise me if the paint on the Sagan, my Purple, etc add 200 or so grams to it. Which is still extremely light for a metal frame, especiallly considering how stiff it is. I read somewhere that the CAAD 12 frame, which is really the closest competitor, is a hair over 1kg, but not sure if that included the fork.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

robertbb

by robertbb

IrrelevantD wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 am
morganb wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 pm
My friend who works for Spec told me that it was supposed to be in the 900g range, but this was before production so that target might have changed. I've had two Sprints and one was light and the current one is substantially heavier. My gold ano frame was ~1100g with bearings while my Sagan frame is over 1300g.
Yea, the original 2x gold Frameset was supposed to be something like 1150g for frame/fork with headset installed, but not sure what size that was. Wouldn’t surprise me if the paint on the Sagan, my Purple, etc add 200 or so grams to it. Which is still extremely light for a metal frame, especiallly considering how stiff it is. I read somewhere that the CAAD 12 frame, which is really the closest competitor, is a hair over 1kg, but not sure if that included the fork.
Canyon AL SLX will give both frames a run for their money. Not as pretty in the welding, but an awesome alloy frame. Comfortable, nimble, pretty damn light. Have the weight at home... will post.

silvalis

by silvalis

I'd probably go for a Bowman palacer.
Chasse patate

itguy

by itguy

Weighted both the Allez and Allez Sprint:

Black/red is Sprint with Praxis BB30, seat post clamp and headset bearing

Black/white is Allez with GXP BB, headset bearing and seat post clamp

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

silvalis

by silvalis

~250g for the clamp/bb/headset
Thats not too bad on the std allez. What size frame?
Chasse patate

itguy

by itguy

silvalis wrote:~250g for the clamp/bb/headset
Thats not too bad on the std allez. What size frame?
Both are 54cm

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk