Quarq DZero Carbon vs Red

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petromyzon

by petromyzon

DZero/Praxis Buzz owner.

DZeros come in two versions - HB and NHB. They are different and cannot be converted later.
Praxis Buzz rings can be used on HB OR NHB cranks - two different positions for the pin and a blanking plate to cover the hole that is not being used.
Red cranks and rings are HB only.

aloter

by aloter

petromyzon wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:12 pm
DZero/Praxis Buzz owner.

DZeros come in two versions - HB and NHB. They are different and cannot be converted later.
Praxis Buzz rings can be used on HB OR NHB cranks - two different positions for the pin and a blanking plate to cover the hole that is not being used.
I’m planning on purchase the praxis buzz chainrings to use on my quarq Dzero Sram etap, I’m using the red chainrings, do you think the praxis are better and smoother?
Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

aloter wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:02 pm
petromyzon wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:12 pm
DZero/Praxis Buzz owner.

I’m planning on purchase the praxis buzz chainrings to use on my quarq Dzero Sram etap, I’m using the red chainrings, do you think the praxis are better and smoother?
Thank you
Red chainrings work better with Red front derailleur. Had opportunity to buy second hand brand new Praxis pair for 40€ and wanted to test them but I don't think so they are even near worth of 140€. Little bit overrated tbh.
Last edited by Kumppa on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

jlok

by jlok

I chipped one tooth of the X-Glide 50T and I replaced it with another X-Glide... if that happens again I will try Praxis buzz. Now I'm a bit disappointed buying hidden bolt over NHB...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

the dzero spider for HB and NHB looks exactly the same, what is the difference?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ChiZ01 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 am
the dzero spider for HB and NHB looks exactly the same, what is the difference?
The splines are offset and they are keyed differently.