Quarq dzero bb

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

visse89

by visse89

i been having a quarq dzero bb30 on my bike and now im changing bike to one with bb86, i started looking in to if i could use my bb30 quarq on the new bike and i was told by my dealer that i cant. and so i looked it up and found enduro bearings that fit in the fame and make it 30mm wide. its working ok but chainline is a little bit off 47mm to big ring inside, im not sure how bad that is? also i been told the bearing are not going to last very long so i now regret putting them in.
is there are way to from using a force or other sram crankset rebuilding the dzero spider to gxp? or do i have to buy a new to get a smaller spindel?

jlok

by jlok

Move your current spider to a DZero Prime GxP crankset?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Andres

by Andres

jlok wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:04 am
This would work... Quarq can sell the GXP arms as long as the OP has the 8 bolt Quarq spider. The OP's solution would also work if the spindle is 30mm diameter but long enough to work on a BB386 frame.

visse89

by visse89

dre_lo82 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am
jlok wrote:
This would work... Quarq can sell the GXP arms as long as the OP has the 8 bolt Quarq spider. The OP's solution would also work if the spindle is 30mm diameter but long enough to work on a BB386 frame.
Thanks for answers. so i should then contact quarq and ask to buy a crank or do i go through a shop?

Andres

by Andres

visse89 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 am
dre_lo82 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am
jlok wrote:
Thanks for answers. so i should then contact quarq and ask to buy a crank or do i go through a shop?
Either should work, though if anyone needs to see anything for confirmation purposes, that a store with knowledge of Quarq will be helpful.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

You need a 4130 BB, it'll last at least half a season if you ride a lot, they're not that terrible. Don't go back to that bike shop as they do not know what they are talking about.