Quarq dzero bb

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

visse89

by visse89

i been having a quarq dzero bb30 on my bike and now im changing bike to one with bb86, i started looking in to if i could use my bb30 quarq on the new bike and i was told by my dealer that i cant. and so i looked it up and found enduro bearings that fit in the fame and make it 30mm wide. its working ok but chainline is a little bit off 47mm to big ring inside, im not sure how bad that is? also i been told the bearing are not going to last very long so i now regret putting them in.
is there are way to from using a force or other sram crankset rebuilding the dzero spider to gxp? or do i have to buy a new to get a smaller spindel?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Move your current spider to a DZero Prime GxP crankset?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Andres

by Andres

jlok wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:04 am
This would work... Quarq can sell the GXP arms as long as the OP has the 8 bolt Quarq spider. The OP's solution would also work if the spindle is 30mm diameter but long enough to work on a BB386 frame.

visse89

by visse89

dre_lo82 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am
jlok wrote:
This would work... Quarq can sell the GXP arms as long as the OP has the 8 bolt Quarq spider. The OP's solution would also work if the spindle is 30mm diameter but long enough to work on a BB386 frame.
Thanks for answers. so i should then contact quarq and ask to buy a crank or do i go through a shop?

Andres

by Andres

visse89 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 am
dre_lo82 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am
jlok wrote:
Thanks for answers. so i should then contact quarq and ask to buy a crank or do i go through a shop?
Either should work, though if anyone needs to see anything for confirmation purposes, that a store with knowledge of Quarq will be helpful.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

You need a 4130 BB, it'll last at least half a season if you ride a lot, they're not that terrible. Don't go back to that bike shop as they do not know what they are talking about.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com