Lake Shoe question.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KCookie

by KCookie

Hey Guys,
Have any of you that own a pair of Lake shoes purchased the heat mouldable inner soles. If so was it worth the extra dollars. I have a pair of wide 237s on their way and wondered if it will help with the comfort or just use the inner soles out of my wide S-work 6s.
Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Yeah, I also have Lake 237’s wide and I purchased their mouldable inner soles..... worthwhile??? I guess so, I can’t remember what the originals are like as I’ve been wearing these for some time now. I can tell you that I’ve no real complaints with the Raven IS’s in that they just do their job, I have mid to high arches but they did take a bit to get “right”.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

izza

by izza

I had some 402’s. Had their base moulded.

1) Made them really snug (for a month - see below) when on the bike. However, made them painful to walk in as the edge of the inner dug into the side of my feet.

2) Binned them after 3 months. The wide models were very wide. The 402’s are made of kangaroo leather which stretched. Meant the uppers could not be tightened enough and the shoes became baggy.

So there is an upside but be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sungod

by sungod

if you're in australia you have the luxury of bont being local

everyone is different, but i've used both, with the 402s my experience was similar to izza...

first ones were too tight (chose same size a s-works ones), changed for the next size, then they too had to go back as on one shoe the cf had a sharp bit inside that dug into my foot (on and off the bike), then after a few weeks the leather stretched and i could no longer tighten them enough

bont vaypor s standard were near perfect but took a lot of moulding to get some extra width, then added a wide pair which were ok with only the heel cup needing moulding, still use both pairs, also got some bont riot in a sale which i use for the commute

KCookie

by KCookie

The Bonts did not feel good at all, couldn't wait the get them off my feet. The wide 332s felt tight to but the 237s just felt right. I might as well use the inner sloes out of my S-Works first to see how they feel. Don't won't to waste $65 on inner soles if they are going to cause problems.
Cheers for the replys guys.

sungod

by sungod

yeah, fit is individual!

fwiw the lake insoles in the 402s were nothing special, not as flimsy as sidi, but not as substantial as the specialized bg ones (didn't matter to me as i always use my old efit insoles as i need the arch support)

if you don't need any extra arch support they may be ok, but i think your bg ones will be better, especially on longer rides

inspclouseau

by inspclouseau

I have the 402s. They don't have a lot of mileage yet, but they are very comfortable for me after struggling trying to fit many others.

I have a wide forefoot and narrow heel. The heel has some slippage when walking.

I never bothered trying the insoles. I use protech insoles in all my sneakers, shoes, and cycling shoes.

commendatore

by commendatore

I have the mx237 and use specialized insoles in them. I had some strange toe discomfort with the lake insoles.

Drappo

by Drappo

Now I have the 402, before i have s-works, I to fit myself I have 5 warmed up.
Alhoa

silvalis

by silvalis

commendatore wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 pm
I have the mx237 and use specialized insoles in them. I had some strange toe discomfort with the lake insoles.
I had something similar. The fitter (podiatrist) sanded down the front of my cx237 foam insole a fair bit for me.
Chasse patate

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks for the info guys. Best if i carry on using my S-Work insoles then. Sounds like the Lake insoles aren't worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com