Cipollini RB1K vs Cipollini NK1K vs Pinarello F10 vs Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Look595

by Look595

Going for a new bike, contemplating between these models. Any suggestion or input from you guys which should i be going for. Should i add in other consideration as well? If so, Which model should i look at?

Thanks

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Without knowing anything about you, where you live, your riding style, what kind of riding you do, your body measurements/flexibility/current geometry, your gender, your age - i happen to know exactly the right bike for you - a giant defy disc w gatorskins. Next question.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Go for the most expensive one.

Shrike

by Shrike

Love them all :) Personality wise they say to me:

Bad Boy - Cipo
5 w/kg local hero - F10
Aeroweenie - Madone

Look595

by Look595

I am looking at the aero frame that allow me to go as fast as possible. i would say that the area that i live in is 80% flat with slight slope and 20% climbing. One thing that i know is that F10 or the Madone 9 is both very aero but one question is that is the cipollini do not have any data when i did a research on them. Are they as aero as the F10/Madone 9?

I think i would like to add in the Scott Foil as well into the comparison.

Shrike

by Shrike

Scott are saying their disc model is as quick as their rim model as they've worked some magic on the fork.

Looks funky, might be tempted to believe them. The rim Foil is one of the fastest bikes you can buy.

Orca Aero and new Propel look quick - both build around the new UCI rules. Tour Magazine could publish a test of the new aero bikes in the next couple of weeks.

They tested the Venge disc v Aeroad disc recently:
http://www.tour-magazin.de/raeder/rennr ... 45469.html

Need to pay 1.49eu to download the results though :D

TonyM

by TonyM

NiFTY wrote:Without knowing anything about you, where you live, your riding style, what kind of riding you do, your body measurements/flexibility/current geometry, your gender, your age - i happen to know exactly the right bike for you - a giant defy disc w gatorskins. Next question.
That’s a good one! A Giant! LOL

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Imo it's more important to sort out your priorities rather than just knowing how you will be riding it. For example, my priorities will be looks, bling value/exclusivity, then geometry.

If you think the first 2 are not a concern, just get a propel.

If you want exclusivity, get the most expensive one.

If you need a wider range of sizes to choose from, get the Madone

If you want the most aero bike, download that Tour Magazine test results.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Look595 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm
I am looking at the aero frame that allow me to go as fast as possible. i would say that the area that i live in is 80% flat with slight slope and 20% climbing. One thing that i know is that F10 or the Madone 9 is both very aero but one question is that is the cipollini do not have any data when i did a research on them. Are they as aero as the F10/Madone 9?

I think i would like to add in the Scott Foil as well into the comparison.
Cippollinis are built for maximum stiffness, a very low geometry and design (which is somewhat polarizing, yet you seem to like it). The geometry won't help your speed if you need a pile of spacers though. There is no aero data because the designers really don't care that much.

The F10 ist probably the fastest bike for the combination of terrain you have. But the speed differences between those frames, while they are existent, will probably be smaller than the fluctuations of your daily fitness. So, if you aren't racing, I'd go for the one that you think looks best.

If optimizing speed is all you are after, don't forget about your position, helmet, clothing, wheels, bars, bottles, core strength training and maybe try to optimize the entire system on a track or in the wind tunnel (or both).

Chans1ee

by Chans1ee

Pinarello F10 is best choice that i thought.
I heard cipollini framset has a few flaws.
madone is too hard to maintenance.
F10 is fully aerodynamic, has almost no flaws, easy to maintenance.

westham7

by westham7

I'll take the chipo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Since UCI has changed the rules, you maybe would like to wait and see what this resort to?
I guess there'll be a row of new designs coming...
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Cipollini has one of the worst warranties in the industry. A cyclist I ride with has a two-year old Cipo with an integrated seatpost. It cracked under normal condition with Cipo refusing to replace the frame. As a matter of fact the bike shop which sold him the bike, sent back all Cipo bikes/frames in stock and dropped the line. Beautiful bikes, shit customer service.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

TonyM

by TonyM

Noctiluxx wrote:Cipollini has one of the worst warranties in the industry. A cyclist I ride with has a two-year old Cipo with an integrated seatpost. It cracked under normal condition with Cipo refusing to replace the frame. As a matter of fact the bike shop which sold him the bike, sent back all Cipo bikes/frames in stock and dropped the line. Beautiful bikes, shit customer service.
Buying Italian is often like this...beautiful products but quality control, warranties and after sales service usually don‘t exist. So my experience with bikes, motorbikes and cars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com