Love the shape of 3T ergonova team bars, HATE the

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dj97223

by dj97223

If internal channels would only begin further from the bar bend, they would be more functional. Another centimeter or two would make a big difference.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

IME internal routing and segmented housing is a big no no! The links can catch on the entry/exit holes. Standard liners are pretty easy to sort, just an extra minute of faff for each side. The look is cleaner if you like bare flats like me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michael432000

by michael432000

So I ordered the alloy version of these at a give away price and they sent me a set of these carbon ones by mistake. At first when I saw the holes and thought they were a bit light, non clip on version, and realised they were carbon I was a bit annoyed, however I do admit they look rather nice, black on black stealthy looking.

OK I have carbon everything else, saddle rails too, but always stayed clear of carbon for bars and stem. Oh well, seeing as they cost next to nothing I might as well give them a go. They’ll be going on a 2013 SuperSix Evo Hi-mod with 10 speed SRAM Red.

So any advice; Replace my perfectly good cables and route through the bar, really? Never done it before either. Use tape or cable ties and ignore the routing? Handlebar tape to just past the shifters to preserve the look or tape all the way up like a normal alloy bar?

Just interested to know what others have done or would do or not do.