Shoes for low volume feet?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I've been using for Specialized shoes for at least 10 years, but I'm getting bored with them now. Currently using the S-Works 6 in size 43,5.

I have very, very thin low volume feet, but not narrow. I usually bottom out retention systems when trying out new shoes, as well as getting heel lift etc.

I've been looking at Bont Vaypors S and Sidi Shot, as I prefer dial/Boa type retention. Anyone have any feedback on these for low volume feet? No dealers near me stock these shoes in size 44, so I have to buy on the internet, which means I can't try before I buy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I'm in a similar boat as you.
After having 4?? sets of s-works I fancied a change.

Went for Vaypors. Didn't rate them all that highly. Could get away with them on 5-6 hour rides, but weren't comfortable.

Then tried Giro Empires. Fit like a glove. Laces allow you to draw them in where you need. Was that impressed with the fit, I went and bought a second set (of the previous years colourway) as winter shoes.

Also picked up a cheap pair of Lake Boas; they're worth a look too :thumbup:
Official cafe stop tester

dmp

by dmp

The only ones that have worked consistently for me are the Sidi's. I have tried on the Giro's (the old velar strap and ratchet ones that are no longer made) in the store and they were also a good fit, but not any better than the Sidi Wire's that I already was happy with. I have low volume and narrow feet.

robertbb

by robertbb

I've got low volume and pretty narrow feet. I find Lake's last suits me best. Currently on CX301's but do get a bit of annoying heel lift.

jemima

by jemima

I'd have a look at the Pearl Izumi range.

I too have low-volume/narrow heel/a little wide at the front, feet.
Found the S-Works fit me pretty well.

Pearl Izumi tends to have a bit of round-width at the front, with a narrow and high enough heel.
Curve Grovel ti.

reknop

by reknop

dmp wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 am
The only ones that have worked consistently for me are the Sidi's. I have tried on the Giro's (the old velar strap and ratchet ones that are no longer made) in the store and they were also a good fit, but not any better than the Sidi Wire's that I already was happy with. I have low volume and narrow feet.
I have pretty narrow feet as well.

- I own two pairs of Sidi Wire SP shoes, who fit like slippers.
- Almost every major part is replaceable;
- You can really fine tune the fit with these shoes, for example the heel retention system;

I've thought about switching brands and models, but the Sidi Wire SP are really the best option for me (especially if I could get them for a good price).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Narrow feet here and also generally very close to max closure of shoes, I wouldn’t wear anything but Giro Empires now. Supremely comfortable and fit perfectly. Weirdly I used to adjust (still do on my MTB shoes) the straps on my shoes mid ride as they never ever felt right but I’ve never felt close to needing to with the Empire’s, the laces just feel perfect every time.

Empire SLX are fully weight weenie certified as well ;)

de lars cuevas

by de lars cuevas

Sidi's are the low-volumest of them all. :-) In the Us, they even had extra narrow (slim fit) models: http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS ... spheader=1. Get'm while stock lasts!

If not, try your luck at luck! https://luck-bike.es/en/ they'll make you a custom fit pair of shoes for ~260 €.!

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

I also suffer from low volume feet, and the Giro Empires have been the best shoe I've ever worn!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

another vote for Sidi wire... I wear size 41.5. I tried the new shot and they hurt my feet since the boa type system in on top of your foot.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100