Etap with hollowgram?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ricerocket

by ricerocket

Monologuing a little here.

I was able to test the 109mm spindle from my other bike, and should clear if I move spacers from the NDS to the DS to clear. That also bumps my Q-factor to 149mm, and shifts my pedal centerline 5mm to the NDS.

I thought of two additional options, one would be to machine off the shoulder on the 104mm spindle to keep the 144mm Q-factor, and replace the shoulder with some spacers, which would allow me to shift the whole crank by moving spacers. Versus the 109mm spindle, it'd have shifted the pedal centerline 0.5-1mm to the DS instead of 4.0-4.5mm to the NDS. Chainline would still suffer the same 0.5-1mm in either case, which could hurt w/ short chainstays (395mm here).

Two, it's possible that the AXS wide derailleur w/ the "gravel" offset means that the repositioned frame mount relative to the big ring position should be shifted some, which means the upper parallelogram knuckle on the FD might be articulated outboard less for the same positions on a non-"gravel" bike? Not sure what that means for the yaw function though since you'd not be using it's full range of travel.