BMC SLR01 Team Disc or SL6 Tarmac Disc...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bilwit

by bilwit

rossjm11 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 am
Whichever looks better to you...
This.. they're pretty interchangeable. IMO the Tarmac only looks good in the Sagan silver/black fork color or the Bora-Hansgrohe scheme, but that's just me.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The BMC has not been tested by Tour, but it has a large round downtube. I’m going to guess the Tarmac is more aero.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bas

by bas

If racing you'd pick the Tarmac for its aero qualities. Have a couple friends switched from SL4/5 to 6 and they report noticeable increase in speed with the new frame. I ride a Venge Vias so am totally sold on the aero bike concept.
If not racing have seen the BMC in person and its a hot looking bike.

dcorn

by dcorn

So it doesn't really apply to this convo about disc bikes then...

Jian81

by Jian81

For me i went with the Tarmac. Light, semi-aero, very aesthetically pleasing to me. Ridden about 300km on it so far, never felt beat out after every ride. It is comfortable, but cant say for sure whether its more comfortable than any other brand. Frankly speaking, go with the bike that appeals to you the most in terms of aesthetic. It makes you want to ride it more.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

dcorn wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:54 am
if the frame isn't particularly comfortable, presumably less comfortable than a BMC.. I would say it applies.
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

dcorn

by dcorn

rossjm11 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:41 pm
dcorn wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:54 am
if the frame isn't particularly comfortable, presumably less comfortable than a BMC.. I would say it applies.
What specifically isn't comfortable about the frame that can't be solved by wider tires that absorb more vibration and harshness? I mean sure, if you will only run 23 or 25c tires, then I guess you have to worry about that. But part of the reason to buy a disc bike is much larger tire clearance than rim brakes will afford. So now you can buy the stiffer bike to transmit power better because you can run squishy tires and not have to worry about ride harshness.