Adding color to black bike. Ideas?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

jfranci3 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:35 am
I have the Specialized version of the two color tape. It has less pazzaz than the supercaz, but it is less rubbery (ignore my wrapping defect)

Also bought the fly12 CE, it’s going back.
My Crockett (the pink one) has the Specialized tape on it, I like the grip on it better than the Supacaz, but I don't like where they make the color switch. It's kinda 70/30 and I wish it was a little more 50/50 so it would switch right at the hoods. I'll probably end up going with the Specialized tape the next time I re-do my Allez.

Just out of curiosity, what was it you didn't like about the 12CE?
mile2424 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 pm
Reflexite V92 reflective material, with some color changing transparent tape from a hula hoop store, layer them over each other, and cut each piece by hand as desired and apply on the bike. Mine has been clear coated over, but should still stick to the bike pretty well as long as its clean
Just looked at your video for the first time, not sure how I misseed that. That's insanely cool. As much as I love the paint on my Allez Sprint.... I'd consider doing this as most of my rides are pre-dawn and I imagine I'd be very visible in traffic.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.