Advice: Cannondale SS Evo Di2 vs Focus Izalco Max Ultegra Di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

avich

by avich

Dear WW,

I'm new in this forum ( :welcome: ) and I'm looking for a new bike. I 've been rinding a Cube Agree GTC race (2015). After some research I'm doubting between:

- Cannondale SS Evo Di2 + Mavic KSYRIUM PRO
- Focus Izalco Max Ultegra Di2

Any suggestion or useful advice ? Any other bike that I should take into consideration for the same price range?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and expertise :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

i had both, cannondale super six evo himod and focus izalco max, mechanical, in size 52. i sold the cd and kept the izalco, for aesthetical reasons (izalco looks simpler, more-classical), and because izalco somehow seemed to feel livelier, but this shurely depends on different choice of parts.geometry, in 52, as good as identical, the same concerning weight (focus ca 40 gr. lighter, probably due to different paintjobs).
steering of the izalco is a little bit more-neutral, cd is nimbler.
but, honestly, my advice: buy what you prefer aesthetically and what fits you best. i take those "x versus y"-topics for quite pointless (...in those topics, nearly everybody is just telling you, how great exactly his bike is...;-) ). "ride feel" primarily depends on other things than the frameset, and all of those modern (high end) frames are stiff enough, so better take a look at geometry, incl. steering angle and fork rake, and decide what suits you best.
Last edited by reedplayer on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

double