Pro Stealth Saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:05 am
wheelsONfire wrote:Off topic, but...
You should add ISM PN 3.0 to the list. I prefer this over Pro Aerofuel which i prefer over Stealth
Are you able to measure the distance from the nose of the Aerofuel to the bend in the rails by any chance. I need to run the saddle slammed back on my DA1 to fit into the UCI regs.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I would say, horizontally from bend 95-100mm pending on where you can clamp it.
But a PN 3.0 or 3.1 need way more setback than anything else. So i would seriously look into either of them (i have both).
They do not sag as Stealth hull does.
Personally i hate saddles that sag under load.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boshk

by Boshk

Bit of a novice question, but typically, saddle setback is measurement from the tip of the saddle to centre of bb using a plump line correct?

So with these 'newer shorter' saddles, where do people measure from? middle of the rails? end of saddle, sitbone contact point?
If you use the traditional 'tip of saddle' to measure, you could be short by ALOT.

I thought ideally, saddle setback should be set from the position where you are most comfortable sitting on your sitbones to the bb, that way, regardless of how long or short your saddle is, your sitbones are always in the same position.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Boshk wrote:Bit of a novice question, but typically, saddle setback is measurement from the tip of the saddle to centre of bb using a plump line correct?

So with these 'newer shorter' saddles, where do people measure from? middle of the rails? end of saddle, sitbone contact point?
If you use the traditional 'tip of saddle' to measure, you could be short by ALOT.

I thought ideally, saddle setback should be set from the position where you are most comfortable sitting on your sitbones to the bb, that way, regardless of how long or short your saddle is, your sitbones are always in the same position.
You measure from the same place, You just have a larger setback. When you get a bike fit saddle setback is individualized to each saddle so new saddle =different setback = new fit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jlok

by jlok

I usually take the widest point as reference in view of the new stubby saddles.

Say if I change from a 134 wide saddle to 155 wide, I'd use the point where it's 134 wide on the new saddle as the fore/aft reference. That will ignore the saddle tip. But it's just a gustimate of where I sit on the saddle most and hence just a starting point. I still need fine tuning no matter how close the saddles profiles are.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I would actually measure from the point where the saddles are just a little bit narrower than your sitbones. For example, my sitbones are 117mm, so I would probably measure from the point where both saddles are 90mm or maybe 100mm.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Many Bikefitting services use 80mm point in saddle.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

misterq

by misterq

TurboKoo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 am
Many Bikefitting services use 80mm point in saddle.
can you be more specific?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

misterq wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:49 am

can you be more specific?
Where the saddle widens to 80mm is used as a baseline for comparing setback. This isn't a foolproof method and it doesn't work so well with saddles from ISM, Dash, Cobb or various tri saddles.

Bordcla

by Bordcla

Rode the Specialized Power for a long time and it's basically OK for me, much better than most other saddles. The Pro Stealth was a step up in comfort, despite having thinner, firmer padding than the Power. I still have major saddle sores problem in the crease between my thigh and my pelvic bones/buttocks, but at this point, I can't fathom what might be needed to get rid of that. Other areas of comfort (soreness or, in the case of the Stealth, lack thereof) are all improved over the Power. The Stealth feels like the load is being spread over a larger area, decreasing pressure. Hope that makes sense.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Bordcla wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:54 am
Rode the Specialized Power for a long time and it's basically OK for me, much better than most other saddles. The Pro Stealth was a step up in comfort, despite having thinner, firmer padding than the Power. I still have major saddle sores problem in the crease between my thigh and my pelvic bones/buttocks, but at this point, I can't fathom what might be needed to get rid of that. Other areas of comfort (soreness or, in the case of the Stealth, lack thereof) are all improved over the Power. The Stealth feels like the load is being spread over a larger area, decreasing pressure. Hope that makes sense.
How many miles do you ride a week? Have you tried different bib shorts? Extra tipp, but sorry if it's obvious: shaving off hair in the area is a big no-no. Too low (more pressure on sit bones) or too high (chafing) saddle position can also contribute to saddle sores, so maybe a double check by a fitter can be benefitial.

Post Man Pat

by Post Man Pat

Could any Stealth users post the length from the tip of the seat to the bend in the rails for both carbon and "alloy" rails. I would like to know because my slice requires a slammed seat postion. Also if someone has the same measurement for an Aerofuel that would be great. Thanks

naambezet

by naambezet

I've bought the Prologo Dimension saddle, comparable to the Stealth and Power. I prefer it more than the Power saddle which I rode for over 10.000 km. The surface isn't grippy at all anymore on the Specialized so I'm sliding around on it.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bordcla wrote:
Perhaps you should try TT shorts with minimal padding.
Normally chamois is thicker under buttocks and thinner under perineum.
Personally i really disklike this as it force you into a position.
Also feel that the padding (chamois) in the bibs, is in the way for full benefit of the saddle shape.
If you ride a saddle without bibs (chamois) and the saddle feels good, it might not with bibs.

No saddle designer design a saddle with a specific chamois in mind.
If they design a saddle for anatomy, it for sure doesn't take chamois into account.
Only bib short design which actually made this kind of chamois, is SQ Labs with One12.
This chamois is 4mm front to back.
Part from that, it's TT shorts.

If you try other saddles, you should try ISM PN 3.0 or 3.1.
I have had many saddles, over 21.
I have also tested 5 saddles from Cobb, own 3. Tried 4 saddles from ISM, own 3.
Also own SQ Labs Ergowave saddle which i don't like.
I also have Stealth saddle.
Best saddles are ISM PN 3.0 and/ or PN 3.1.
I ride these with TT shorts on both gravel (PN 3.1) and road (PN 3.0).
For further comfort, go for Ergon CF3 with setback.
The above mention saddles require more setback than any other saddle.
They're both great and even nicer with Ergon CF3.
Last thing though, don't use thick padded chamois.
This is a problem for sure.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Rick

by Rick

Bordcla wrote:
I still have major saddle sores problem in the crease between my thigh and my pelvic bones/buttocks, but at this point, I can't fathom what might be needed to get rid of that.
Friction is also a factor. If the shape seems right, maybe you need a chamois-creme or a different chamois/fit. Since you mention your sores are in a crease, I think "chamois creme". Vaseline is a cheap experiment.
These things all become so individualized that you have to really visualize wht is going on in your own specific case and experiment. But like most cyclists, I have tried dozens of saddles too. Even if a saddle is pretty close to perfect, the one place that isn't perfect can be like torture on a long ride.

I find the Fizik Aliante shape near perfect, and currentl ride the Kurve Bull version. But that's just me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rawjunk

by rawjunk

I'm thinking of switching from Power to Stealth, but now I'm starting to wonder should I go straight to something like ISM PN 3.0. I have slightly longer legs compared to my torso, but I'm quite flexible, so I could get more aggressive position if my perineum wasn't the limiting factor. Stealth has slightly larger cutout and wider nose, so I'm thinking maybe it could be more stable when riding on the nose. My saddle setback is 85mm(115mm with Power) from the bb, so I'm wondering if I could get PN 3.0 far enough, even with 25mm setback post?