Sram Etap will there ever be an app.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

Like campy and Shimano have apps where you can customize the shifting and what not will there ver be one?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jih

by jih

So far every etap owner has a usb stick which does exactly nothing. Always thought that was odd.

spookyload

by spookyload

Will there ever be MTB version.

Allen254

by Allen254

jih wrote:So far every etap owner has a usb stick which does exactly nothing. Always thought that was odd.
I tried plugin mine in last night it did absolutely nothing it :( lol I wonder why they even included it in the first place no updates nothing just ..... :noidea:

jlok

by jlok

Hopefully the stick is to upgrade the RD to 12speed... Just dreaming.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

sp3000

by sp3000

I sure hope not. Beautiful thing that it does what it needs out of the box and you can ride into the sunset... Enough finger banging iPhone's for everything else.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Why would they? There is absolutely *zero* need.

Shrike

by Shrike

I think we're all just so used to getting updates all the time, on everything. Even my toothbrush has an app! (Serious)

It is nice to have a bit of kit that does just work on release but I guarantee you that SRAM have developed and toyed with functionality that could be released via an update. Whether they think there is any demand or need for any new features right now is another story.

Maybe a timed update in the future to keep their product looking fresh?

sovereign

by sovereign

RichTheRoadie wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am
Why would they? There is absolutely *zero* need.

Programmable automatic auto-learning transmission shifting, of course. :lol:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

you mean I might be able to use the dongle ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

RL7836

by RL7836

spookyload wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm
Will there ever be MTB version.
Saw some pics on another forum of a 1 x 12 with a 50t rear cluster (IIRC).

You know they've got to be working on one.
------------------ edit ...
LOL ... or on this forum too ...

cassard

by cassard

maybe the usb stick is just some antena just like ANT+ with computers. When Sram will decide to offer a program I could be the way. They probably don't for now so people don't hack it and make it 12s compatible.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

With only 2 buttons how would you customize shifting? With no syncro shift what else is there to adjust? What would you do with an app?
Also, why do people "update" their Di2? Mine has always worked perfectly and continues to do so despite new junctions and a new internal battery, so no need to update just cuz you change those. I notice new bikes can't shift to small/small. Sucks for wheel changes, derailleur removal, travel packing.... I won't be trying an update because I bet my system would lose the ability to go small/small and I could never get it back.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Lelandjt wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 am
With only 2 buttons how would you customize shifting? With no syncro shift what else is there to adjust? What would you do with an app?
Also, why do people "update" their Di2? Mine has always worked perfectly and continues to do so despite new junctions and a new internal battery, so no need to update just cuz you change those. I notice new bikes can't shift to small/small. Sucks for wheel changes, derailleur removal, travel packing.... I won't be trying an update because I bet my system would lose the ability to go small/small and I could never get it back.
I have 9150 DI2 and there is no issue putting the chain in the small ring - small cog combo. You simply need to de-select the 'gear control' option in the E-Tube software. And you must have the new battery for this option to be enabled in the software.

schroeds

by schroeds

I heard the rumour that the dongle was going to offer a software-based gearchange speed adjustment option, but clearly not. (Not tat I have an issue with the speed anyway)

Have to say the fact they they issued (and we paid for) that dongle and then nothing happened for what a couple of years, all smacks of a failed development roadmap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com