BMC ICS stem stack height

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

muti

by muti

Hello everyone! After being following the forum for A LOT of years, I FINALLY decided to join in. I want to ask if someone knows the stack height of the BMC ICS stem together with lower cable cover. It seems that it is bigger than the usual 3.8-4 cm stem stack height. If everyone knows I will be grateful as where I am,there is no distributor of BMC and I have to order it online.

Ettore

by Ettore

Do you mean the vertical difference between the contact point at the top cone and the center of the bars?

If so, for which stem length, and for which model? Different models have different head tube angles, which will influence the stack height.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muti

by muti

No, I meant the height of the stem (plus the cover of the cables in this case )that clamps on the steerer. Typically this is between 3.8 cm(deda stems )and 4 cm(most of the other manufacturers).This will affect the amount of spacers that you use, and in my case as already an owner of the old slr01,I don't use any!

Ettore

by Ettore

muti wrote:No, I meant the height of the stem (plus the cover of the cables in this case )that clamps on the steerer. Typically this is between 3.8 cm(deda stems )and 4 cm(most of the other manufacturers).This will affect the amount of spacers that you use, and in my case as already an owner of the old slr01,I don't use any!
Well, the height along the steerer tube, from the bottom of the cable cover to the top surface where the top cap rests on, is 47,7 mm. Mind you, the profile of the cable cover isn't circular, but has a tear drop shape with a Kamm-style trailing edge.

muti

by muti

Thanks A LOT Ettore, that's exactly the piece of information I wanted.By the way, I really think that BMC should list that on the geometry charts,as this directly affects the fit of the bike.