Chorus 2015+ users

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

Anyone using Campy Chorus rear derailleur?

I can't seem to get it to be quiet....or at least as quiet as when its on the small chainring.

Setup 50/34 front, 12-29 cassette.

Basically, its a grinding sound even when i'm on the big chainring and half way on the cassette which technically should be the most efficient combo.
The sound actually disappears/minimum when I'm on small chainring....

I've looked at the instructions and in most videos it seems to differ a little from the Record/SR which have a high limit and low limit screws.

I havent dropped the bike. The LBS did say my hanger is bent (no idea how) but he 'sort of' bent it back. Took the hanger off today, placed it on a flat surface with a light behind and i'm sure its flat.

recommendations? bit lost what to do

Wrong length chain?
Bent derailleur?
bent hanger that my eyes can't see?
bad chorus cassette?
frame problem?

jih

by jih

Park tool make a tool for aligning a rear mech hanger. They're very commonly not aligned well from the factory.

Have you tried adjusting the cage tension? That might also be the problem. With a larger cassette you generally want to unscrew the screw a good few turns until the noise stops. This will make the upper pulley sit further from the sprockets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

jih wrote:Park tool make a tool for aligning a rear mech hanger. They're very commonly not aligned well from the factory.

Have you tried adjusting the cage tension? That might also be the problem. With a larger cassette you generally want to unscrew the screw a good few turns until the noise stops. This will make the upper pulley sit further from the sprockets.
Correct.
2015+ Campy derailleurs are very sensitive to drop-out alignment. Now that you've taken it off, you need a shop to align it again.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Sounds like bad alignment.

Many OE hangers don't like being realigned, and may fail catastrophically. I'd strongly suggest a new Wheels Man. hanger first, then alignment check.

I'd also suggest looking up the Campy instruction sheet and following it in terms of height, stops and indexing.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Boshk

by Boshk

Thanks, I'll try it again.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

But check alignment of the hanger ON the bike. The mech has to be aligned with the cogs it has to serve, it doesn’t really matter if your hanger is perfectly flat as the misalignment could be due to a flared dropout or anything else.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Digger90

by Digger90

Although Campag say that their short cage derailleurs work with up to 29 teeth cassettes, I could never get my Record or Chorus derailleurs to work without being noisy. Mechanically they shifted fine, but were noisy.

On my winter bike I use a longer caged Xenon rear derailleur with 29 tooth cassette and its absolutely perfect... no noise at all and shifts just fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com