The ultimate saddle bag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

andreas

by andreas

survivor wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 am
andreas wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 pm
I'm very wary about rattling considering it seems to have 2 fixed sizes and no velcro/boa tightening mechanism?
I guess the question about rattling here is more towards the items inside the saddle bag?
Yes, like in the video you are storing 2 metal CO2 cannisters on top of a metal multi tool, so you have 3 metal parts in contact with each other. That would rattle on rough tarmac/gravel if it's not tightened snugly. I guess you avoid the problem if you manage to completely fill the bag and use the rubber gloves as filler, but I prefer a solution where it can be tightened.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

andreas wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm
survivor wrote:
andreas wrote:
I'm very wary about rattling considering it seems to have 2 fixed sizes and no velcro/boa tightening mechanism?
I guess the question about rattling here is more towards the items inside the saddle bag?
Yes, like in the video you are storing 2 metal CO2 cannisters on top of a metal multi tool, so you have 3 metal parts in contact with each other. That would rattle on rough tarmac/gravel if it's not tightened snugly. I guess you avoid the problem if you manage to completely fill the bag and use the rubber gloves as filler, but I prefer a solution where it can be tightened.
There will be small sleeves for CO2 canister included which should eliminate any rattling sounds.

The great thing about SNAP.B frame + sleeve solution is that we can create a variaty of sleeves and also one that has tightening capability down the road (which is already in the plan by the way).

survivor

by survivor

survivor wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm
andreas wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm
survivor wrote:
andreas wrote:
There will be small sleeves for CO2 canister included which should eliminate any rattling sounds.

The great thing about SNAP.B frame + sleeve solution is that we can create a variaty of sleeves and also one that has tightening capability down the road (which is already in the plan by the way).
After getting the rattling concern feedback, we immediately jumped to work on a solution. One way to completely eliminate the rattling concern is to introduce a Velcro loop cross the sleeve. This way user can tighthen the bag snugly with its cargo to eliminate any rattling. We can add this feature to the sleeve design if this is something you all think is beneficial.

mag

by mag

Cool. And I think you should extend the campaign's deadline as it might not gather enough funding by Nov 9th and it would be sad to see it not making it. I tried to send tips about your campaign to some cycling websites, however they don't seem to be thrilled about nifty saddle bags as I haven't seen any article about yours so far.

survivor

by survivor

mag wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:06 pm
Cool. And I think you should extend the campaign's deadline as it might not gather enough funding by Nov 9th and it would be sad to see it not making it. I tried to send tips about your campaign to some cycling websites, however they don't seem to be thrilled about nifty saddle bags as I haven't seen any article about yours so far.
Thank you for helping to send tips to cycling websites. We certainly need all the help we can get! We are trying to do that too via e-mail, social media, etc but haven't get good traction with the media. Perhaps there are more exciting stuff to cover than a saddle bag. Our inbox is swamped with all the croud-funding PR companies offering their service to market our campaign but not sure whether anyone of them is legit. There are just too many bad reviews out there about these PR companies.

moonoi

by moonoi

Just saw it posted by road.cc on their FB page...good luck

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

bilwit

by bilwit

backed it, definitely a shame if it doesn't go through

how about a limited run for weightweenies if it comes down to it? :P

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

quite a high goal.... I'll back if it gets closer but it's got a lonnnnnggg way to go
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

survivor

by survivor

bilwit wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:47 pm
backed it, definitely a shame if it doesn't go through

how about a limited run for weightweenies if it comes down to it? :P
Thank you for your support! We remain upbeat about our chance to reach our funding goal. We know the funding goal is high but we need to secure that funding to get the injection mold tooling going for the production run. We definitely need all the help we can get to keep the momentum going. Road.cc piece gave it a boost today and hopefully we will see more coming.

survivor

by survivor

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:02 pm
quite a high goal.... I'll back if it gets closer but it's got a lonnnnnggg way to go
The good thing about Kickstarter is that you will only be charged if we successfully secure the funding. Every pledge makes a difference. Please help us to get the momentum going! Thanks!

iwheel

by iwheel

survivor wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 am
SNAP.B attachment system robustness is one of the most common question we got. To put the question to rest we created a test jig to specifically test this out. Checkout the video below.

We have ran SNAP.B on the test jig with its full load collectively for over 800 hours now (and counting) and its attachment system remains strong and solid.
Really interesting product. Did you consider robustness after clipping the bag on and off a few hundred times?

survivor

by survivor

iwheel wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:16 pm
Really interesting product. Did you consider robustness after clipping the bag on and off a few hundred times?
Absolutely. I have personally clipping the bag on and off at least few hundred times during our testing and it remains strong :D

When we first started we experienced some early breakage of the clipping wings on our early prototypes. We have then redesigned the clipping wings structure to include more supporting structure so that it can handle all the abuses that were thrown at it. We never experienced any failures with our latest design. Like I mentioned we have abused it quite a bit and it remains strong.

The challenges with the clipping wings are that they not only need to be structurally robust, they also need to be intuitive to the user. Too stiff it would be difficult for the user to operate, too soft the attachment mechanism will not be robust. We have spent a lot of effort on the clipping wings to make sure the clipping "feel" is right and the attachment remains solid :thumbup:

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Sorry you guys didn’t make it on Kickstarter. Is the product still going to be launched?

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Anyone with the Speedsleev Ranger S, do you think (or could you check) that lightweight mtb tube fits inside together with 2xCO2, tirelevers and multitool? Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com