The ultimate saddle bag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

silvalis

by silvalis

Hey, you said ~45mm... :)
Chasse patate

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

mpulsiv wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:46 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 pm
That contraption you've got hanging on your saddle looks far from minimalist.... definitely great way to clutter up a nice bike, but to each his own.
Clutter up? The only thing that is visible from sides is the tube. You can't even see anything from behind.
Perhaps there's such thing as ultimate saddle bag as many still seeking one. Unfortunately, saddle bags have too much volume, thickness and weight. I'd love to see ~45mm wide saddle bag.

Image Image
I wasn't talking about the essentials so much as I was the plumber's spare tools you've got bandaided together. It seems kind of pointless to claim you're a "minimalist" and then post a picture with all of that stuff in the photo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GlacialPace

by GlacialPace

survivor wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:26 pm
bilwit wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 pm
also funny how it seems like over half the posts in here never actually read the OP and think it's a "share your saddle bag" thread
Should I just start a new thread for SNAP.B? hehe :D
I think the problem is that we don't have anything to look at and nobody has first hand experience to share. Once the website is fleshed out and people have the product in hand there will be more discussion about your seat pack. I am interested in it but in the mean time it's also good to see what other people are using and what they think of their current seat pack. I'm tempted buy a speed sleev but I'll hold off until I get some more info about your SNAP.B

commendatore

by commendatore

uraqt wrote: I was thinking about pulling the BOA off a Seat Roll Premio and adding it to the sdrtraveller, but just not enough time in the day...
I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing with a scicon elan 210

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:13 am
mpulsiv wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
That contraption you've got hanging on your saddle looks far from minimalist.... definitely great way to clutter up a nice bike, but to each his own.
Clutter up? The only thing that is visible from sides is the tube. You can't even see anything from behind.
Perhaps there's such thing as ultimate saddle bag as many still seeking one. Unfortunately, saddle bags have too much volume, thickness and weight. I'd love to see ~45mm wide saddle bag.
I wasn't talking about the essentials so much as I was the plumber's spare tools you've got bandaided together. It seems kind of pointless to claim you're a "minimalist" and then post a picture with all of that stuff in the photo.
Gotta love it when you show something that no one has done before but that someone will keep poking the bear with a stick. It's not an aesthetic contest.
What "plumber's spare tools bandaided together" are you talking about? I was showing the functionality of something small and light in contrast to something big, thick and heavy. Oh wait, it's called saddle bag.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

mpulsiv wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:

Image Image
I gotta say it....

looks like you kidnapped WallE's cousin and tied him to your saddle. :mrgreen:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

survivor

by survivor

After two years of development, we are finally ready to gear up SNAP.B for product launch at Kickstarter on 10.10.2018.

There are 4 key features that SNAP.B has to offer:
1. Attachment and removal speed. We are pretty confident it has the fastest speed out there.
2. Spaciously compact. It probably has the best storage to form factor ratio. It is amazing how much it can fit in its tiny body.
3. Versatility. It is universally compatible, tool-less installation, no additional mounting hardware needed and it offers flexible storage. For those who has mentioned about rear light, you need to checkout what SNAP.B has to offer with its X-Port.
4. Stylish. This is subject to personal preference. SNAP.B probably is the first to introduce interchangeable sleeve to saddle bag. You can pick the appearance of your saddle bag without the need to buy another saddle bag all together. This is in addition to SNAP.B ultra-compact form factor which have minimal impact to your bike aesthetic.

For more information about SNAP.B please visit https://www.vouel.com/snap-b

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

survivor wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:37 am
After two years of development, we are finally ready to gear up SNAP.B for product launch at Kickstarter on 10.10.2018.
It looks promising. I have a suggestion. Could you make a demo. bag using clear vinyl? That way we can see how everything can fit inside the bag. I definitely need enough room for two tubes plus two CO2 cartridges. Thanks and GL on your fundraising.

survivor

by survivor

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:12 am
It looks promising. I have a suggestion. Could you make a demo. bag using clear vinyl? That way we can see how everything can fit inside the bag. I definitely need enough room for two tubes plus two CO2 cartridges. Thanks and GL on your fundraising.
That is actually a great idea! We have a local trade show that we planned to exhibit and that should be a great demo item. Let us work on that and come back to you once ready.

sib

by sib

Interested.
Is it waterproof?

Onandon

by Onandon

So how heavy is this ?

survivor

by survivor

Onandon wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:23 am
So how heavy is this ?
62 grams

survivor

by survivor

sib wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 am
Interested.
Is it waterproof?
We typically have a broad line of demarcation between water resistant and water proof in the industry. All the material we use is backed with PVC/PU so it’s all water proof but as soon as you sew the material together you introduce perforations in the material making it no longer water proof. It is water/weather resistant for sure but I wouldn't say it is water proof.

Now the good news is that you can use the companion mudguard with SNAP.B which should minimize any water/weather issue on the saddle bag.

mag

by mag

Two questions

1. Will it come with some reflective elements on its back? Maybe as an option as not everyone might like that stuff. But for example I often ride in evenings, finishing after the sunset and thus feel better being more visible.

2. So you're starting at Kickstarter on 10th. What's the campaign going to be like? I mean what are your goals approximately? And if I proceed with backing it, when should I expect the actual product if your campaign makes it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

mag wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm
Two questions

1. Will it come with some reflective elements on its back? Maybe as an option as not everyone might like that stuff. But for example I often ride in evenings, finishing after the sunset and thus feel better being more visible.

2. So you're starting at Kickstarter on 10th. What's the campaign going to be like? I mean what are your goals approximately? And if I proceed with backing it, when should I expect the actual product if your campaign makes it?
1. The cool thing about SNAP.B is that it has the Flexi-Frame + Sleeve concept. There is a plan to introduce a reflective sleeve. If you use that the whole saddle bag will be reflective thus provide the extra visibility.

2. We are still finalizing the pricing but it would likely be around $45 for the Flexi-Frame with one sleeve. We will have several tiers with some bundling option as well. If we do have a successful campaign then we are expecting to ship by June 2019 for the early bird batch and July 2019 for the batch after that.
Last edited by survivor on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.