Madone Disc Spotted

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
rainerhq

by rainerhq

Brain damage alert!
Domane
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

themidge

by themidge

erm...?
:hello:
Cannondale Supersix 2008 (weight: 7.3kg)
B'twin Triban 540 (in bits)
Vitus "Benotto" 979 (weight: :? )

wingguy

by wingguy

TonyM wrote:
Slack wrote:This is the only photo I have of the new S5 disc, early ‘18 release. Not even a photo of the bike but it’s on its way.
BIG THANKS for sharing!
Is that a bayonet fork maybe? That would be awesome. No idea why it would be awesome, I just like them :P

I've also heard that Cav's S5 this season had some new layups under the skin that were being developed for the new bike.

elSid

by elSid

brain damage?

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Title says: Madone Disc spotted. Do your math there.
Domane
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

dre_lo82

by dre_lo82

jlok wrote:Aero disc brake options in World Tour Teams

Venge
Foil
Noah
Aeroad
Madone
Propel

Any absence? BMC?
I'm hoping to see something from BMC, both their Roadmachine and Teammachine SLR01's are pretty well executed. Their TMR range has been paired down to 1 bike for 2018 which makes me believe the TMR disc is next.

elSid

by elSid

Thread drift = brain damage? If you say so.

Actually, I thought the Cervelo post was an appropriate example of a comparable, nascent frameset debut from a brand with similar reputation. If I though I'd be in the market for a top-level disc road bike in the next 12-18 months, and was keen on Trek, I imagine I'd also want to know about the imminent debut of something similar from Cervelo.

jlok

by jlok

any more update??
Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

On the Madone? No. TFS took down their photo. I talked to my LBS, and they were in the dark about it, too. I don't think anything was shown at TrekWorld, but it will likely appear at this year's show, once the final version is done.
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

In the weeks leading up to the TdF, almost certainly.

madik

by madik

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm
Maybe If Trek is going to have a new frame with rim brakes thats more aero & stiffer & comfortable & lighter then yes they would bring it to TdF. But if they will just transform current Madone to disc brakes I dont think they would bother going disc for TdF. It wont make sense performance wise. Maybe for marketing purpose but that usualy not happening in the seasons major event.

But i would expect Degenkolb's team to use it in Roubaix and other spring classic for event where aero is important like the Roubaix and ditch Domane completelly. Will see.

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

I showed it to the manager at the local trek store and said that while he cannot confirm anything, yeah, likely to be seen at the TDF. He also mentioned that when Trek is working up a prototype it is painted white until the last step before going to production, when it switches to the raw carbon. Not sure if that’s true, but there you have it.

A reveal at this year’s TDF also makes sense for a product life cycle standpoint. Two years ago we got the new Domane, last summer we got the new Emonda, and this summer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

madik wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:59 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
But i would expect Degenkolb's team to use it in Roubaix and other spring classic for event where aero is important like the Roubaix and ditch Domane completelly. Will see.
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Domane was designed and built for Roubaix. Madone lacks front IsoSpeed, and is very stiff, and not suitable for the cobbles.

I can see a revised rim brake Madone making an appearance. From the looks of the photo, there are minimal changes to the rear-end of the Madone, with the changes limited to the disc brakes. I'd love to see what's in store for the front of the bike, since it's pretty much guaranteed that the vector wings are gone, since there won't be a brake to cover.
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

madik

by madik

FIJIGabe wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 pm
madik wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:59 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Domane was designed and built for Roubaix. Madone lacks front IsoSpeed, and is very stiff, and not suitable for the cobbles.

I can see a revised rim brake Madone making an appearance. From the looks of the photo, there are minimal changes to the rear-end of the Madone, with the changes limited to the disc brakes. I'd love to see what's in store for the front of the bike, since it's pretty much guaranteed that the vector wings are gone, since there won't be a brake to cover.
That might be right but If they would have an option that could save them maybe 20W at 45km/h with Aero bike that can have a nice and comfortable wide tires, the things might change quite fast. Comfort of the riders is important but you know If Degenkolb would like to have a chance to win he will need every help he can get. And suffer a little more on the coubles might not be that important but the numbers are.

by Weenie

Calnago

by Calnago

Degenkolb will be on the Domane Pro Endurance geo for Roubaix. And non disc.
May see more Madones in Flanders, Strada Bianchi etc.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ