Hutchinson sector 28 tubeless... harsh ride , pressures ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

racesnake

by racesnake

Just did my first ride on the sector 28s. TBH I found them a hard ride , running 80 psi . I've come off vittoria open pave 25s with latex tubes running at 80f 85r .
I will try dropping them to 75psi and see how they feel , but was very disappointed yesterday.
What are others running at ?
I'm 67kg

Orlok

by Orlok

racesnake wrote:Just did my first ride on the sector 28s. TBH I found them a hard ride , running 80 psi . I've come off vittoria open pave 25s with latex tubes running at 80f 85r .
I will try dropping them to 75psi and see how they feel , but was very disappointed yesterday.
What are others running at ?
I'm 67kg
I think the best is follow the information on the package from Hutchinson but otherwise I suggest 67/10-1=5,5bar and 5bar (front) :wink:
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

You should try lowering the pressure than previously with the Vittoria as the 28c should have bigger volume.

Do u remember how many strokes to pump your Vittoria? Try that same no of strokes for the 28c.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Miller

by Miller

80psi is way too high for a 28mm tubeless. Try 60psi. Experiment! There's no pinch flats to worry about, you can run really low pressure in tubeless if you want to.

racesnake

by racesnake

Hi and thanks for replies,
Yes I am going to play with pressures (got a gauge coming) on next ride out . I know a little makes a big difference, and I did wonder as riding about relationship of volume to pressure .

Didn't want to alter anything yesterday as didn't want them to unseal as the front had been leaking Day before on mounting. So a soapy water remount seemed to sort it , no pressure drop in the morning .

Looking forward to a better ride

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

I wouldn't be afraid to go under 60psi at 67kg as long as the rims are suitably wide. I run 60-65psi in my Pro Ones 25mm but on really wide rims (21mm internal) at 72kg.