Di2 9150 stops responding during software update. Please help.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TonyM

by TonyM

And are you using the EW-RS910 and EW-WU111?

by Weenie

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

TonyM wrote:And are you using the EW-RS910 and EW-WU111?
No, I have the earlier D-Fly, the 101 and the older 3 port junction box mounted under the stem.

I guess the smarts are in the battery. You'd think Shimano would have made firmware updating by consumer to be more fault tolerant, and that if for some reason it had a problem, it would roll back to previous working state.

billrush

by billrush

Aleksandr wrote:Sorted!

All steps:
1. Downloaded E-TUBE to PC
2. Connected Di2 on SM-EW90 with SM-BCR-2
3. Open E-tube and got both flushing light on SM-EW90
4. Updated the software-just follow the steps.
5. Open E-TUBE on iPAD and connected with Di2 Wireless Unit EW-WU111 D-Fly ( installed on bike)
6. Updated all Di2 components.
7. All done ! Di2 9150 system working perfect.

Thanks for all replies.
Alek this list saved me a bunch of trouble. My battery was bricked from a failed blue tooth update from my IPhone. I was using the new EW-RS910 bar end junction with the EW-WU111. So at your step two I was attempting to fix the firmware using my SM- PCE1 to connect to the PC based E-TUBE software. It’s only when I read your post a third time I noticed you made the connection using your SM-BCR2 which I have but only use for charging. In step 3 I don’t think my EW-RS910 ever went into red/green flashing mode. Using the E-TUBE on my PC I was able to update all the firmware except the EW-WU111 and got a message it needed to be updated but must be done using ETube on IPhone/IPad. Bummer but by now, my battery was no longer dead and I could get the flashing lights again on the EW-RS910 and connect to my phone and update. Whew! I had already tried to contact the online shop where I bought the battery and ask for a warranty return. Haven’t heard back from them yet but now I’m ready to go. Oh, yea. Since I thought my battery was cooked, I pulled it out of the down tube mounting spot on my Cervello S5. Now I get to put it back in. Pain. Thanks. Hope this helps someone.

moyboy

by moyboy

Only issue is that the Shimano software is for PC. Not sure if it works on a PC emulator on a Mac.