Best work stand/ clamp?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TonyM

by TonyM

evan326 wrote:Can I sneak in on this also? I have a park pcs 10 which I like for everything I need it for, but I want a cheap one for washing.
I don't want to lug this one inside and out, or worry about it rusting. Any recommendations on a cheap stand just for washing outside?

@TonyM I would recommend the pcs 10, it's a little cheaper than the feedback one. It doesn't fold down as neatly and easily as the feedback though.

Thanks for the recommendation. It is indeed cheaper but I wanted to have an excellent quality and I was ready to pay more for that.
I will use the Feedback Sport pro Elite as a work stand but more often as a wash stand (most probably 1-2 times per week during 6 months per year)

by Weenie

AJS914

by AJS914

evan326 wrote:Can I sneak in on this also? I have a park pcs 10 which I like for everything I need it for, but I want a cheap one for washing.
I don't want to lug this one inside and out, or worry about it rusting. Any recommendations on a cheap stand just for washing outside?

For cheap, you should look on ebay. I found various generic, no brand name, stands. Something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Bicycle-R ... 1315355011

It should be good enough for washing.

I have one of these that would work fine for washing. Super cheap, very handy and super portable:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SABLUE-Foldabl ... 2683791794

I see that one clamps on the chain stays. I actually have this one which clamps to the quick release:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bike-Repai ... =854904176

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Shrike wrote:Whatever you do, do not ever go near the Tacx Spider. Worthless POS.
Why so?
There are at least two Spiders:
T3325: clamps frame/post
T3350: frame rests with BB and is secured with fork.

Which one POS?
Domane
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

TonyM

by TonyM

rainerhq wrote:
Shrike wrote:Whatever you do, do not ever go near the Tacx Spider. Worthless POS.
Why so?
There are at least two Spiders:
T3325: clamps frame/post
T3350: frame rests with BB and is secured with fork.

Which one POS?
I had a Tacx Spider T3350 and the quality was really not that good. Not really stable and cheap pieces of plastic everywhere.
I was very disappointed and I sold it right away and bought the Park Tool PRS-20. More expensive but a much better quality.

Shrike

by Shrike

Yeah what TonyM says. Cheap, soft, plastic parts used on the parts that take the most wear - like the lock part to change angle. Utter junk.

Need to eBay it when I can be arsed. That Park Tool above sounds better.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

OK, thank you both.
Domane
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

stormur

by stormur

have it, use it - can't find any issues with it so far. Easiest stand on the market to travel with. And lightest.

If memory serves well Giant-Alpecin was using it (?) .
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

TonyM

by TonyM

Yes it was indeed quite light! But not as stable like the Park Tool etc...

Giant-Alpecin is also using Giant bikes....JOKE.. :mrgreen: