Conical or thinner bottle source

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Bought some Chinese cages that are under 10grm. Love the design and seem robust, but for the life of me can’t fit any bottle I’ve tried. I’ve heard of conical bottles, but even after searching here and a few other places I can’t seem to find an example of such or a source for them. Can you please point me in the right direction to some?

2old4this

by 2old4this

You are looking for bottles made by Tune
https://r2-bike.com/TUNE-Bottle-500-ml

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

the specialized 'big mouth' bottles also have a conical base, they work well in my tune cages

they are also rebranded by others, mine have a speedplay logo

reknop

by reknop

dgasmd wrote:Bought some Chinese cages that are under 10grm. Love the design and seem robust, but for the life of me can’t fit any bottle I’ve tried. I’ve heard of conical bottles, but even after searching here and a few other places I can’t seem to find an example of such or a source for them. Can you please point me in the right direction to some?

Can you share a picture of the bottle cage, so it is easier to understand how the design looks like. I have Tune Wassertrager cages, but the Camelbak Podium bottles don't fit in there either. So it has to do with tolerances as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

danbjpa

by danbjpa

I have the first version of Tune Wasserträger bottel cage (two carbon loops) that only fit conical bottle. I used conical Campagnolo bottle, i tried Tacx Shiva and they fit too (they are conical, but less notable than campy).