New Fork for the Look 585. Suggestions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Catagory6

by Catagory6

Got a 2007 585 that i'm sending in for a paint job, and a scan (or what ever it is they do) to inspect the carbon for any cracks, delamination etc.

at the same time i kind of need to get a new fork. the steerer tube was cut too short for the compression plug to sit in the correct spot at the stem. and there's no more room to raise the stem either.

i contacted the US distributor for Look, and they do not have any more HSC5-SL forks in stock. The guy suggested Enve, but there's also this one up on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOOK-HSC5SL-Fu ... 0011.m1850

i would much rather have the correct model for this frame, at less than 1/2 the cost, even if in used condition (the photos show it to be in quite good cosmetic condition, and i could send it along to be examined).

so i'm really trying to weigh the unknown structural quality of an original model used fork, against the unknown performance quality of a non-Look fork, and whether its going to live up to the price difference.

would love to hear from anybody who might have direct experience with these 2 items.

Svetty

by Svetty

I'd snap up the ebay fork - if it does turn out to be damaged you should be able to return it - and if it's sound you are golden :D

Or you could use an aluminium steerer tube reinforcement sleeve 'a la Cervelo' and stick with your existing fork?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com