New SISL2 crank arms - Is this a defect or normal?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

glowder

by glowder

I just bought these off of the Bay. Both of the arms have what looks like a little defect or scratch mark inside the pedal threads. Is this a normal part of the bonding process or some defect?
Attachments
thumb_IMG_0617_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0619-1_1024.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Anodizing contact/rack marks, nothing to worry about.

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Anodizing contact/rack marks, nothing to worry about.

Jenmoss

by Jenmoss

I run the same cranks. There very good but my criticism of them is they are in 3 parts and that’s to many contact points . I had a sort of clicks sound from them. I bought a new B.B. wheels manufacturing ceramic pc bb30 ( exact replacement) and a new spindle early in the spring . I switched to a single chain ring in July and it has not been so bad . I have a clavicula crankset that i will replace it with . It’s sitting in my shed just waiting for some fibre lyte parts to arrive . I also have a vuma quad . The vuma quad feels a lot more stiffer. I think due to the fact it’s just a 2 piece crank . The vuma is going on my trek otherwise I would have left it on. It’s seems that Cannondale lose the weight with the light spindle . Perhaps a redesign 2 piece would be better . I’d like to see them go carbon.
To the OP It does seem very minor but I would keep a eye on the marks. Plenty of anti sieze and take your pedals off and check it every week or two just to make sure it’s a ok. You don’t want a pedal failure and these cranks have sometimes cracked. Better to be safe .