Pairing Record EPS V3 with iPhone and MyCampy app

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

david75

by david75

I just got a new Bike with Record EPS v3. I downloaded the MyCampy app on my iPhone 6s plus. The MyCampy app recognizes the v3 and asks for the numerical code on the interface unit. When I type in the code their is a pause of a few seconds then the screen goes back to the MyCampy app home screen and does not pair. Also if I go to my iPhone settings and then to bluetooth, the iPhone does not recognize the v3, ie the iPhone does not show the v3 as discoverable. If anyone has thoughts on this I would greatly appreciate hearing them. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Disc0

by Disc0

Are you sure you're using the right code?

IIRC, there are two sets of numbers in different places on the v3 interface and only one works as the pairing code.

Disc0

by Disc0

You're looking for a 6 digit code, though there may be leading zeros shown on the interface.

I think the video here got me through pairing with iPhone 7:

https://mycampy.campagnolo.com/en-US/faq

david75

by david75

Thank you for your responses. On the interface on my bike there are numbers in two different places but they are the same set of numbers. When I enter the 6 digits the app and interface don't pair.

Disc0

by Disc0

Once the app accepts the pairing code, you should be getting a solid blue screen with a slow-moving blue progress bar.

If it's sending you back to the home page, I'd guess the app isn't accepting the code for some reason.

I'd be sure the v3 battery has a full charge and the phone and EPS unit are close together to rule out transmitter/reciever power issues.

Then, there's a set of connection troubleshooting steps in the second video at the link I posted above.

david75

by david75

Thanks again for your response. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps but still unable to pair. My iPhone does not seem to recognize the v3. I hold my phone right next to the v3 interface when trying to pair. Very frustrating.

Disc0

by Disc0

If you got to the point where the app asks for the pairing code, the phone has to be recognizing the v3.

You may have tried these, but just in case:

- delete the app, turn off the phone, reinstall the app
- turn off the v3 with the magnetized rubber strap (verify it's off by pressing a shifter mode button and being sure the interface green light doesn't come on)
- wait a bit, take off the strap, turn v3 back on with a mode button and try again to pair from the app

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

You're using the wrong code.

There are a number of codes on the interface - have a look at them, write them all down and try them all systematically. When it accepts the right code it won't spit you back out to the home page.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

It's this one:

david75

by david75

Found the right pairing number and it works. Thank y'all so much for your help.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Not a pairing issue, but my search only revealed a couple MyCampy threads so I just picked this one to post in. MyCampy app isn’t letting me add a crankset, any crankset. Kicks me out of the system. Tried deleting everything. Reinstalling everything. Same issue. It’s V3 I’m working with but that seems irrelevant in that it won’t even let me add a crankset, be it for a mechanical or EPS system.
Thoughts?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TonyM

by TonyM

Did you reboot the Smartphone after deleting the MyCampy app? It sometimes helps.
And also deleting the pairing.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, did all that. Can you add a crankset to Components. It seems like it should be such a basic thing. Yet it crashes my app or just does nothing. I really haven’t thoroughly explored everything the MyCampy app can do, and I’m finally trying to get up to speed on things that way. Right now, it will just show that it’s running a 36/52 Crank but it’s a standard 39/53, which I can’t seem to get access to. Guess I’ll try starting over. Again.
Using iPhone X.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Roos

by Roos

I am experiencing the exact same problem. iPhone 7+, ios 11.4 publicbeta (with no other compability issues), EPS v3 fully updated. App seems somewhat "buggy" will more often than not crash when trying to update specs, shows 52-36/11-29 gearing, with an actual 53-39/11-27, and no possibility to change. Tried resetting iPhone to no avail. Have anybody experienced the same issues and found a fix?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com