ILink and Campagnolo SR on a Colnago C-60 help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dgasmd

by dgasmd

On my quest to build up my new C-60, I got this cable and liner set for both brakes and shifters. Wanted to save weight and it recommended by Fairwheels Bikes. Instructions are crappy and the YouTube installation I found doesn’t answer my questions, especially for these components and frame.

Questions are:

1. Between the briefters and the ilink, which of the 3 connectors below really goes there for the shifter and in which direction??

2. At the entrance into the frame for the shifter cable, which of the connectors above and in which direction does it go?

3. For the exit towards the rear deraileur and in the deraileur itself, which connector and in which direction?

Thanks in advanced. I did do a search here, but what came up did not address post 2015 Campy or the C-60.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Seriously???? 127 views and not a single reply? With the dozens of people with C60 here that have these same cables and such?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

dgasmd wrote:Seriously???? 127 views and not a single reply? With the dozens of people with C60 here that have these same cables and such?

There are actually threads regarding campag and ilinks, if you'd looked :wink:

But here's the big but, standard ilinks didnt fit my pre 2015 SR.

Mini's work for gears, but i cant remember if i had to resort to no shifter ferrules or not.
Standards will do brakes, but again i cant remember whether i used ferrules at the top end.
There is a stepped set for campag, and i used them, but without looking, couldnt say where.

I know i ended up with about 3 sets from a very nice guy on ebay, who let me sort out what i needed, and then send the others back.
Official cafe stop tester

dgasmd

by dgasmd

jekyll man wrote:There are actually threads regarding campag and ilinks, if you'd looked

Please point them out then because what I found was pre 2015 and didn’t answer any of the questions above. At least not for me. This is my first time running cables or doing a complete build up, so want to do it right without guessing if at all possible. To complicate matters, I’m not able to get in the phone during work hrs or I would have called Fairwheels Bikes and have them talk me through it over the phone.